Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

want to leave husband but feel trapped

(4 Posts)
shiteattheseaside Wed 13-Apr-16 20:32:01

Our relationship is just not working and i feel like the only option is to leave, but financially I feel like i cant. I went to uni but couldnt get a job so ive been working a minimum wage retail job and this September im going back to uni to do a 2nd degree which will garantee i will get a better paid 'career' type job (all whilst still working) . I also have a 9 month old. Atm we are using family as childcare (but thats really not ideal as there are other family problems going on) but i dont think i could aford childcare, especially if i left.

I feel like i have no option but to stay until ive finished uni and got a well paying job so i can provide for me and ds on our own...but i feel like i cant stand to be with my husband. I dont know what to do

shiteattheseaside Wed 13-Apr-16 20:38:22

Bump

PanickyTack Wed 13-Apr-16 22:00:12

Have you spoken with the Uni about living on campus and/or childcare arrangements on Campus?
It might be possible to use the university crèche whilst you are studying and even get some accommodation.
I'd suggest checking out options with student welfare and see what they can suggest.
Good luck.

Joysmum Wed 13-Apr-16 23:03:53

Or do what I did and consider vocational training rather than university. My vocational qualifications are far more highly thought of than the degree I studied.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now