Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you deal with the pain?

(4 Posts)
Uncoping Mon 11-Apr-16 11:16:06

In the middle of a breakup from DP, we have 1 DC together.

It was amicable enough, lots of issues including pointless, silly arguments but they totted up and he now resents me. I believe he fell out of love with me a long time ago but did nothing about it...
We agreed to split 3 weeks ago - ever since then he's been happy, almost relieved while I can't eat, sleep or string a thought together.
My chest physically hurts from the pain of this, I can't bear the thought of losing him but I already have.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I can't focus on anything other than making sure DD is looked after.

PirateSmile Mon 11-Apr-16 11:22:01

There's no easy answer. Just focus on getting through each day and in time the pain will start to ease.

TheNaze73 Mon 11-Apr-16 13:25:39

As Pirate said. It's an old adage but, time is a great healer.

BloodontheTracks Mon 11-Apr-16 13:27:06

YOu'll find the roles tend to swap. Whoever is anxious, broken and devastated short term, tends to be okay long term, and the other slowly comes to realise what they've lost. Go through it. Bizarrely, it bodes well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now