Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I miss my husband so much.

(7 Posts)
needhelpandadvice Sat 09-Apr-16 17:49:18

He left and our DD in Nov ember last year. But I know he would have stayed if I had of asked.

Since then I was enjoying I suppose the new single life, got together with a male friend but not so much a full sexual relationship, more companionship on both sides.

I know also he has moved on with sexual relationships.

The problem is this last 3 weeks I miss him and have been remembering so many of our happy family times.

I desperately think I want him back but think there is no way if he knows I have been with another man.

I feel so stupid, also my family would go daft as they cant believe he walked out on us, we always seems to be so solid.

Is it normal to suddenly feel like this?

nicenewdusters Sat 09-Apr-16 18:14:38

Yes, I think it's normal once a little time has passed to start to remember the good times. Of course that will make you feel sad, why wouldn't it. But from your post it looks like you didn't ask him to stay, so you must have had your reasons. If the only thing preventing him coming back would be your subsequent relationships, well what about his ? Why would you not have been allowed to meet other people if he has ?

Joysmum Sat 09-Apr-16 18:17:51

I desperately think I want him back but think there is no way if he knows I have been with another man

Doesn't sound like it'd be an equal relationship if you know he's moved on wth relationships but yet you're not supposed to be to have any chance of reconciliation.

needhelpandadvice Sat 09-Apr-16 18:20:40

I think his pride would stop him, I can over look his as the way I see it we are both now single.

I didn't ask him to stay as the marriage had hit a bad spot and it just kept getting worse, I can see now we didn't do things together, spend time together etc. And parts of me wishes I put more effort in.

Im not the easiest person to love with, im quite OCD, not very overly affectionate and don't do all the hugs and kisses all the time, where as he did, I think he took it personal at times.

Im not sure should I tell him how I feel. We were together 13 yrs.

PommelandCantle Sat 09-Apr-16 19:47:47

Well from the point of view you are feeling low and miss him, if you tell him how you feel and he doesnt tell you what you want to hear, at least you will know and not be wondering. On the other hand you could work it all out.

ALaughAMinute Sat 09-Apr-16 19:53:02

It's normal to grieve the end of a long relationship. Be kind to yourself. It will take time.

1DAD2KIDS Sat 09-Apr-16 21:52:45

It's normal I think to feel that way. My ex wife left me and the kids 9 months ago. I loved her with all my heart and it completely broke me when she left me for another man. When the smoke cleared I finally realised how EAive and manipulative she had been throughout our marriage. The point is no matter how much I realise now she was no good for me I still miss all the happy times together. Those happy times when we were one nice family or those intimate times when we were lovers. Plus still I am surrounded by reminders of the those happy times that are now gone. At the end of the day it's normal to grieve the loss of those good times. I still grieve them dispite everything. I hate the feeling of the loss of all that could have been. But in my situation I realise her leaving me for another was probably the best thing she did for me in the long run now I have met the real her. It's very hard but people on here told me it gets better and I can tell you they were right it does but it's very slow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now