Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

love

(6 Posts)
Tigger2016 Wed 06-Apr-16 16:33:17

What does it mean to be in love

TheNaze73 Wed 06-Apr-16 16:35:53

Possibly life's biggest question that. To me, it's the fact you would run through a brick wall for someone. That sounds incredibly unromantic but, that's how I'd sum it up

FrancesNiadova Wed 06-Apr-16 20:47:47

Love means my beautiful husband, cradling me in his arms, & kissing my false boob with flat skin graft on the front, after my mastectomy for breast cancer, telling me that I was the most beautiful woman in the world.
He then went downstairs to reassure our 2 boys that mummy would be fine, then served their dinners.
He's the best thing that ever happened to me.

Ahappynewmummy Wed 06-Apr-16 21:02:32

I think love is when you haven't even got to say anything but your partner knows somethings up. love is when they just come to you for a hug or a kiss. love is they'd drop anything for you if you're ill or tired.

my partner (he can push me at times) helped me through an eating disorder, got me to a nice curvy size. I thought I was fat but he kept telling me I was perfect. I've since had our first child and I'm paranoid about my stretchmarks and excess weight and he's telling me he wouldn't change me for the world, he's not pressuring me to have sex with me he's waiting anf not complaining. he's traveling 4 hours a day for training just to better himself for our family.

love isn't the perfect dream partner, love is the one who's there for you when you need them and they need you.

Silverfoxofwarwick1953 Wed 06-Apr-16 22:17:19

All of the above. And more.

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Wed 06-Apr-16 22:38:32

Frances your post made me a little bit teary thanks for you.

Love for me is everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now