Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Nothing justifies "family" violence, even in "traditional" cultures.

(3 Posts)
dratsea Wed 06-Apr-16 05:34:07

www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/nz-society/audio/201795852/more-talanoa-talking-about-family-violence

from

www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/nz-society

Some communities in NZ are about 20 yrs behind the UK (at least that is where I hope we are in in UK), but may this (10mins audio) help some in UK, perhaps even just one. If you might be that one please do not feel the need to hide.

Millionsmom Wed 06-Apr-16 05:48:16

Its beyond sad isnt it.
Its not just in New Zealand where some aspects of society deem domestic abuse as culturally acceptable, my DD2 has just told me that her South African friends mums are knocked about on a regular basis. She only told me because we are due to move house to where most of her South African friends live - we are not in the UK - and she wanted to know if they could 'hang out' at our house when trouble starts at home.
sad

HelpfulChap Wed 06-Apr-16 06:15:16

Domestic violence is an abomination and makes me ashamed to be a man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now