Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can we start a support thread for anyone whose doing 'No Contact' on their spouse?

(4 Posts)
hollowintheriver Tue 05-Apr-16 11:49:30

Hey,

I've recently read a book about going NC on their spouse , I thought it would be a good idea to have a support thread for anywho whose doing NC. As I am (emotionally) struggling to do the NC on ex abusive DP. But I'm determined to not allow myself to get charmed by him. Not sure if a support thread is appropriate if not, I'll ask the thread to be deleted.

clashofclanswidow Tue 05-Apr-16 11:54:56

Perfect idea.

Can't quite do NC as have DD together (and one on the way) but def doing LC, only interacting when it's about the children. Would do total NC if circs allowed so!

Here for hand holds flowers

hollowintheriver Tue 05-Apr-16 12:34:18

Hey clash I have a child with ex DP. So I've only been conversing with him if it's about our DS.

Though, it's been two days since I have decided to go NC/minimal contact only about DS... and DP has already noticed! I'm a bit worried as he may turn psycho, he has been texting me constantly. I was hoping in a few weeks time or even a month! That he would of begun to notice but it's just too quick, don't know how to deal with it.

clashofclanswidow Tue 05-Apr-16 13:59:22

Presume from what you've written so far you're doing NC/MC to try move on with life and not to try make him miss you or anything? As I know there's two sides to NC I think?

Preauming it's to move on then I've no wondered you started this thread at that much contact after only two days must be very difficult to deal with!

The abuse and psycho bit worries me as I presume you're not able to just say you need some space?!

I would just try keep up the NC. Do you have friends and family to support you, that know of the situation? I would be saying to them that you're cutting him off but you're just a bit worried by his constant messaging already and update them with whats happening so you have some RL support too? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now