Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I go for it with this older, long distance guy?

(8 Posts)
gablik777 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:30:58

I have met a guy I actually really like though work. I work part time in a local venue and we recently had a comedy festival in our town he is a comedian and I met him there. He was just a really nice guy. A bit older than me. I am 38 and he is 50ish. It was just one of these things I spoke to him after the show and had one of those sudden stomach flips and the realisation that I really fancied him. I know I went a bit red after that but it was ok because it happened to him too it was like a totally mutual think, it felt amazing. We did go for a drink after and swapped number and we have been in touch by text and calls.

He is coming back up later this month to another town near by and we are going to meet up I am excitied and very nervous. I really, really like him and find him very attractive but obviously he lives in london and I live in scotland so its tricky to even figure out if this is a real thing. He travels around a lot of work so I guess he meets a lot of women. I have all these doubts but my gut says he's the one.

Should I just go with it?

GiveMyHeadPeaceffs Mon 04-Apr-16 20:34:52

Just go with it! Baby steps and see what happens smile

goddessofsmallthings Mon 04-Apr-16 20:50:20

Have you checked him out online and assured yourself that he's sing'e?

As your gut is saying 'he's the one' to shag, I suggest you avoid emotionally investing in him and regard any relationship you have with him as no more than a FWB arrangement when he's north of the border until it, or he, proves otherwise.

gablik777 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:51:04

Thanks peaceff I will try although I worry it will be difficult for me not to fall head first into it. Some of my rl friends have cautioned me that he might a bit of a player, but he doesn't have that vibe at all.

gablik777 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:52:41

I mean that he is one or the many possible ones, I just think he's great. He is single he was divorced about 10 years ago now and he has a couple of kids who are in their teens.

GiveMyHeadPeaceffs Mon 04-Apr-16 21:47:27

You'll never know unless you give it a shot. Proceed with caution by all means but go for it smile

TheNaze73 Mon 04-Apr-16 22:14:05

Yeah, go for it!

goddessofsmallthings Mon 04-Apr-16 22:49:30

Some of my rl friends have cautioned me that he might a bit of a player, but he doesn't have that vibe at all

The particularly charmng and well practised players are more than capable of making sure they don't give off any vibe or hint of what they're truly about, otherwise they wouldn't have spllinters for bedposts. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now