Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Have I done the right thing or have I scared him off??

(15 Posts)
Annie34 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:25:59

Met someone through OLD a few weeks ago. He was very keen at first but then I started to notice after our 3rd date the texts started to become a bit more few and far between. I saw him on Friday but since then again he's hardly text me, so I text him today to ask him outright if he was still interested because I basically I don't think I should waste my time if he's not bothered. His reply was "hi I'm fine thanks..busy day...I didn't think I was being like anything but now you come to mention it I don't think we are matched for a relationship..I do enjoy your company though" now to me I took that to read yeah I like you but maybe only as a FWB? I don't know if I'm being a bit too forward as we haven't known each other long or what? Any wise words from fellow MN's would be appreciated smile

Annie34 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:28:06

Met someone through OLD a few weeks ago. He was very keen at first but then I started to notice after our 3rd date the texts started to become a bit more few and far between. I saw him on Friday but since then again he's hardly text me, so I text him today to ask him outright if he was still interested because I basically I don't think I should waste my time if he's not bothered. His reply was "hi I'm fine thanks..busy day...I didn't think I was being like anything but now you come to mention it I don't think we are matched for a relationship..I do enjoy your company though" now to me I took that to read yeah I like you but maybe only as a FWB? I don't know if I'm being a bit too forward as we haven't known each other long or what? Any wise words from fellow MN's would be appreciated

heyday Sun 03-Apr-16 21:28:25

Sounds like he just wants to be friends. At least you know now so the ball is in your court now..... friendship or bail out completely.

WellErrr Sun 03-Apr-16 21:29:10

He's not interested. Move on.

Next!!

InaMay Sun 03-Apr-16 21:30:20

That is his way of telling you he's just not that into you. You haven't scared him off. you gave him the forum to tell you how he felt; "now you come to mention it...". God forbid he'd have the testicles to mention it himself. Anyway, looks like he's a goner. Sorry. You did the right thing asking him IMO, life is too short for game playing and second guessing head wrecking. Now you know. Onwards.

noeuf Sun 03-Apr-16 21:32:28

It's Sunday and you saw him on Friday and already texted home to say he was being less in contact? Blimey, I'd be a bit hmm at that and less keen.

noeuf Sun 03-Apr-16 21:32:43

Him not home

Minime85 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:35:22

Yep you were right to ask, better to know and I think he just didn't have guts to come out and say it. Move into next one and have some fun

WetLettuce123 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:38:37

He's letting you down gently.

Trills Sun 03-Apr-16 21:40:49

He's not interested, and is not brave enough to actually tell you so properly.

Annie34 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:45:30

Thanks for all your replies. I suppose I knew he wasn't really that interested. It's kind of telling when they're texting you all the time but then it suddenly stops. Oh well...next!

Trills Sun 03-Apr-16 21:51:53

One more frog down.

WetLettuce123 Sun 03-Apr-16 22:14:00

Exactly, at least you haven't wasted too much time on him. Onwards and upwards!

TheNaze73 Sun 03-Apr-16 22:38:56

I'm with noeuf At least you know & can move on. Think it's a shame he didn't tell you, he wasn't feeling it

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 03-Apr-16 22:42:34

Next!! Don't waste any time wondering about this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now