Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

To realise that dp is a nasty abusive shit

(100 Posts)
midlifehope Wed 30-Mar-16 09:33:21

Lying here feeling very ill with headache and cough - been sweating all night. Asked dp to bring me a cold drink as I can't stand the light so can't get up. Have asked about 6 times. He hasn't bothered. sad

Euphemia Wed 30-Mar-16 09:36:44

What did he say the 2nd and subsequent times you asked?

hellsbellsmelons Wed 30-Mar-16 09:40:16

So what next for you?
What is the living situation?
Can you get out of this easily?
Do you have kids together?

midlifehope Wed 30-Mar-16 09:40:28

Nothing

Floggingmolly Wed 30-Mar-16 09:42:38

Does he know you're ill? How are you managing to post if you can't stand the light?

asthmaboy Wed 30-Mar-16 09:43:08

I think if you can post on mumsnet then you can get your own water and while you're at it show your uncaring husband the door.

NewtoCornland Wed 30-Mar-16 09:44:47

I can't see it's possible to make a judgement based on the op.

OliviaStabler Wed 30-Mar-16 09:45:43

Stick some sunglasses on and get you own water. He clearly won't do it for you.

Funinthesun15 Wed 30-Mar-16 09:45:59

How are you managing to post if you can't stand the light?

Good point.

midlifehope Wed 30-Mar-16 09:47:12

Can't get out easily - 2 DCs house together etc

Bearbehind Wed 30-Mar-16 09:49:08

Unless there's a lot more to this than you've posted I think this is actually in pretty poor taste and is quite offensive to people who genuinely are in abusive relationships.

Someone who can manage to use the Internet could surely stand the light enough to get a drink.

midlifehope Wed 30-Mar-16 09:51:26

Light from a tiny screen is not same as massive light from
Window. Anyway I'm not being abused twice. Floods of tears here. Bye

gamerchick Wed 30-Mar-16 09:53:25

Well ay least you know he wont mind fending for himself when he's poorly. It doesn't look like he's going to look after you.

Hope you're on the mend

VoldysGoneMouldy Wed 30-Mar-16 09:55:55

Bit of a knobber maybe, but wouldn't go as far as to call him abusive unless there's a lot more to this.

HermioneJeanGranger Wed 30-Mar-16 10:00:30

What's the backstory here, OP?

Bearbehind Wed 30-Mar-16 10:01:43

If there is a lot more to it than you've said then AIBU is not the place for help- try relationships.

differentnameforthis Wed 30-Mar-16 10:12:19

Wow'! Aren't most of you just fucking lovely!

Scared off a sick & very upset poster with your nitpicking.

Well done.

Thisisnotausername Wed 30-Mar-16 10:14:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EatShitDerek Wed 30-Mar-16 10:16:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gingerboy1912 Wed 30-Mar-16 10:16:55

Op I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it takes a small thing like this to realise that your partner doesn't actually give a shit, it can be a real lightbulb moment. Mine was something similar and after years of being treated badly, that small thing was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. If you come back to thread I'm sure there will be some positive support for you thanks

SleepyBoBo Wed 30-Mar-16 10:17:36

Am I missing something here? Don't get me wrong, your partner sounds like an arse at the moment - however in the context you have given 'nasty, abusive shit' seems a bit dramatic. Hope you feel better soon.

Yoksha Wed 30-Mar-16 10:19:12

midlifehope,

Hope you're alright? You're right, and it's not just a light "thing". It's the lifting head off pillow, rising from bed, walking downstairs etc. Just gather up your strength and fetch a container of water and some fruit up beside you. Possibly painkillers also.

Address this when you're stronger. I've had some sort of virus this past 2 weeks, and it's thrown my emotional wellbeing up the spout. flowers

Funinthesun15 Wed 30-Mar-16 10:19:37

Wow'! Aren't most of you just fucking lovely!

You can't go around calling someone abusive because they won't get you a drink.

There may be a back story, but OP hasn't said either way.

Waltermittythesequel Wed 30-Mar-16 10:19:38

midlife try posting in relationships.

I'm assuming this is one example of consistent behaviour to make you think it's abuse?

FairNotFair Wed 30-Mar-16 10:23:07

I know this is AIBU, but is there any need for some of you to sound
quite so bracing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now