Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I be suspicious

(13 Posts)
Suspect Tue 22-Mar-16 20:09:27

Never goes for work drinks. He rings me yesterday afternoon saying he's going for work drinks... On a Monday. Odd as it never happens and when it does it's usually a Thursday or Friday. Came back from drinks and was in a strange mood.
In a very weird mood. Quite withdrawn and down.
Noticed he has slipped off somewhere. He's supposed to be working out down stairs, I go down and he's outside?!? Not sure what he was doing.
How can you tell if someone has a guilty conscience. To me he's acting off.
Been together 11 yrs and 3 kids. All under 5.
Why am I feeling so suspicious??

whatnoww Tue 22-Mar-16 20:12:28

If it feels off it probably is. Maybe not for the reasons you suspect tho. Was the drinks and the outised incident both today? Xx

Whirlydervish Tue 22-Mar-16 20:14:32

Any odd phone behaviour? Suddenly attached to it?

Suspect Tue 22-Mar-16 20:15:46

The work drinks were last night. The disappearing act was just now.

As for his phone, I don't usually take much notice of it but now you have mentioned it I will.

littleleftie Tue 22-Mar-16 20:34:22

Trust your gut. Don't let on you suspect anything and get hold of his phone when you can. If he is suddenly superglued to it then you will have to talk.

Good luck. flowers

Rainbowlou1 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:38:35

I agree if it feels off there's usually a reason...trust your instinct and good luck xx

LineyReborn Tue 22-Mar-16 20:39:44

If he had his phone with him when he went outside, then yes that is a bit off. Unfortunately this is how my ExH behaved during the first affair that I twigged to, including the 'work drinks'.

The thing is, I believed the story initially because it is perfectly credible. So it could all be innocent.

But his demeanour was so weird. I just knew.

I'm sorry you are even having to suspect this.

bert3400 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:40:00

Hi....How is the rest of your lives together ...has anything else changed ..affection & sex still the same ? Trust you instincts ...they are normally correct .

bitchingtwitching Tue 22-Mar-16 20:45:27

If he is cagey about his phone then that is a massive red flag.

pocketsaviour Tue 22-Mar-16 20:47:00

Have you asked him if he's okay, has something happened, etc?

ILikeUranus Tue 22-Mar-16 20:47:34

Sounds very, very suspicious. Is there someone at work he's mentioned (or stopped mentioning) recently?

TheNaze73 Thu 24-Mar-16 09:13:48

Your gut instinct is normally going to be right. What might look totally innocent to an outsider looking in like this does, only you fully know your relationship dynamic. Think you guys need to takk

TheNaze73 Thu 24-Mar-16 09:14:01

Talk not takk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now