Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can't dig myself out of depression

(3 Posts)
Ipsydola Tue 22-Mar-16 18:17:08

I had an abusive childhood, my father was a paedophile so I am now nc with my whole family. Knowing no better I naively married an abusive man. We were together 30yrs. I have now been divorced two years. I have plenty of friends & hobbies and even a new bf but I still feel painfully lonely. There is this yawning gap in my heart where a family should be. I'm not sure I'm ever going to get over it. I'm thinking of asking for antidepressants. I've had bucket loads of therapy over the years but still ache for the comfort of belonging. Is there anything I can do?

Backtoblackcoffee Tue 22-Mar-16 18:44:44

flowers

abbsismyhero Tue 22-Mar-16 19:39:50

no im asking for antidepressants too ive been stressed and in the shit for the last few years i tried really really hard to cope without it i even tried learning to drive and i was so close i was days away from going for my test and i suddenly lost it shaking when driving forgetting how to drive safely ive postponed my test and made a drs appointment and im going to gets some medication

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now