Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I look forward to Mondays

(4 Posts)
LemonadeLady Sun 20-Mar-16 15:18:16

Anyone else not getting much enjoyment from weekends?
Friday nights are ok but by Saturday lunchtime I am fed up with DH and the pretence of 'enjoyable family time' - it just feels like a slog and I can't wait until bedtime.
Our DCs are still little and sleep is still an issue for the youngest - but it's more than that. I feel that I am not able to value my DHs company and his sulky presence feels like a drain on energy, so that on Sunday night I am looking forward to Monday when he is off to work and I can relax and be happy with the kids.
( I also work p/t and then he is off with the kids, so he probably feels the same way).
He is a lovely man but I find it draining to be a wife, mum and myself at the same time. I try to be grateful but am not actively enjoying family life at the moment 😕😕😕

Igottastartthinkingbee Sun 20-Mar-16 15:26:06

I know what you mean. We have two small children (3 and 1) and weekends are sometimes a bit strained. I think we both find it a bit frustrating having to restrict our activities to suit the kids. We used to climb mountains, go for long walks or spend the day in the pub - not conducive to a life with young children. Plus DH gets very twitchy if we're in the house for long, he's no good at just relaxing unlike me. So yes I get you, week days are often easier cause I don't feel like I have to entertain him too! It's like having an extra child at times!! I'm hoping things will improve as the kids get older.

Pixiemeat Sun 20-Mar-16 16:05:55

I feel the same. With my DH it's a case of him wanting to do one of his various hobbies (he's one that can't sit and do nothing) and me wanting to get a break from our lovely-but-demanding toddler. It was really becoming a problem with us both jostling for some time to ourselves, as well as family time, every weekend. When DH started acting like his weekend time was more precious/valuable than mine as he "achieved" more than me, I got myself a part-time Sunday job. It has helped immensely! :D

AnnP1963 Sun 20-Mar-16 16:24:43

I think you should all enjoy this time while you can. Maybe do something together get a family friend to babysit and go out and have some fun. Go to a museum with the kids they are free and you will just all have a good time. Maybe your husband feels like he would like or need a holiday.
Sorry if i don't sound the same as the others but with older children now i would go back to your lives in an instant. Just enjoy this time.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now