Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

fed up feeling 2nd best to his family

(3 Posts)
tinybug153 Fri 18-Mar-16 22:06:12

Hi just joined. Feeling really isolated as I don't have any friends to talk to and my mum's biased. The problem is my husband and the way his family monopolise his team. They've always had a good hold of him basically the click he jumps regardless of my feelings it's just "they're my family ud do the same". Which isn't true not at the expense of my husband. His grandfather died last month. A horrible time for all. I wanted to be there for him but he felt his family "who live 2 hours away but travelled up to be in the town we and his grandparents live in" needed him there. Obviously I understood. At first. Grief is a terrible thing and everyone deals their own way. He totally shut me out. Spent all day there . Me and the kids not even part of the equation. I let it slide given the situation for fear of looking like a heartless cow. Now it's weeks since the funeral and they are still coming up , staying with his gran obviously feeling she can't cope. But this now means every weekend he is expected to drop everything and go too. The kids never see him. He works all week and is there every weekend. They lay on the emotional blackmail. He eats it up and I'm a cow if I say anything. So we're in limbo. I'm starting to resent and hate them and now him. Sorry to rant just feel so pushed out and second best.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Tue 17-May-16 20:04:11

Tiny I know this is an old message but just to say I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat envy

Naicehamshop Tue 17-May-16 21:23:07

Horrible for you but you must talk to him and try to get him to see reason. I realise that this is easier said than done - good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now