Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Asking for advice on how to LTB

(9 Posts)
namechangeformypost Sat 12-Mar-16 18:14:04

Have been thinking of how to leave/get him to leave. I've asked him before to leave and he says he has nowhere to go, which is true he literally has nowhere.
How can I end a relationship and put him out on the streets? I would feel dreadful but I also really want to LTB

jellybean2000 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:45:41

Where do you both live in now?
Rented, mortgage (shared or not)?
Any children?

jellybean2000 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:46:41

And I think it's right to feel awful about turning someone out onto the street.

namechangeformypost Sat 12-Mar-16 23:22:05

It's rented, I technically couldn't afford it with out him, yes we have an almost two year old son which is making it harder but I am so miserable
He never helps around the house, he shouts at me if I leave a cup out, he never makes dinner, never takes our son out so I can have an hour, leaves me alone in the house for four hours every weekend
I'm just sick of his attitude it's worn me down. Just looking at him makes me sad

jellybean2000 Sat 12-Mar-16 23:33:16

Can you afford rent on a smaller place?
Would he be happy for you to move out with your son or will it be more complicated?

I am mid divorce (EA) and he's still in the home. It's awful and is taking forever, but if you need to separate then there is a way. You all deserve to be happy.

MrsJuice Sat 12-Mar-16 23:34:54

You are worth so much more.
Leaving him will improve your quality of life.

Look at any benefits you may be entitled to.
It's not you're problem that he has nowhere to go. He should have put more effort into making your relationship happy and balanced.
Please take steps to be happy. Happy is so vital.

Marchate Sat 12-Mar-16 23:36:18

You probably need to find an affordable place for yourself and your son

AugustMoon Sun 13-Mar-16 04:16:14

It does sound like you may have to literally ltb. Bit of organising but you can do it, let him deal with his side of things.

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Sun 13-Mar-16 06:58:54

Have you checked out housing benefit if he moves out? Would it cover the shortfall?
I guess you need to get hold of a deposit and find yourself somewhere to live without him for when the tenancy is up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now