Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Quick OLD question

(10 Posts)
Crumblevision Fri 11-Mar-16 14:27:50

Been chatting to a guy for over a week, swapped numbers. He said on the first day of chatting that he would love to meet for a drink - would get back to me with dates as he has shared care of his dcs. He has mentioned nothing since on chats - when should I give him a "nudge"? I am really keen to meet him . . . . Thanks oh wise ones 😀

Crumblevision Fri 11-Mar-16 14:43:02

Bump

TheNaze73 Fri 11-Mar-16 14:44:50

Just ask him. It's 2016

MissTessmacher Fri 11-Mar-16 14:44:56

I'd send a breezy message along the lines of

"So I've checked my diary and these date suit me for meeting for a drink. Do any of them work for you? smile"

Bree85 Fri 11-Mar-16 18:52:32

Good luck on your date. smile I hope you can ask him.

Crumblevision Fri 11-Mar-16 20:08:49

Thanks Miss and Bree. I asked and he's still up for meeting. He's got various things on (being deliberately vague) and will let me know asap. 😬

Tryingtobenicexxx Fri 11-Mar-16 22:25:21

Hmmmmmm.
If it's this difficult to even get a date out of him imagine if you started seeing him.
You would need to book him in 4 weeks in advance.

Summerlovinf Fri 11-Mar-16 23:00:11

He's not that interested but keeping you on back burner?

suspiciousofgoldfish Fri 11-Mar-16 23:11:57

"He's got various things on (being deliberately vague) and will let me know asap"

This is what I did when I was OLD and working my way through first dates with the different men I was chatting to! ( I chose a 'first come, first served' approach, so to speak!)

My DH ( OLD man no. 4, btw) still jokes about it now.

Keep your options open op, you've nudged once and for whatever reason he hasn't arranged a meeting so all you can do is leave it until he does.

Keep chatting to other people in the meantime.

I would be a bit hmm about the fact you've swapped numbers but haven't arranged a meet up - have you spoken in the phone or just text? If so, was it an easy/flowing conversation?

I have avoided meeting people that sounded awkward/ not my cup of tea after having a telephone conversation with them. I would make up vague excuses not to meet up until they eventually gave up....

Hope this isn't the case here though. Good luck!

Crumblevision Sat 19-Mar-16 23:05:06

Update; didn't hear from him. He's since been on the dating site and updated with more pics. I'm feeling a little hurt and rather stupid. Why bother saying yes would like to meet and then chicken out of it and then ignore? You'd think they'd behave in a more mature way over 45 wouldn't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now