Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH stuck in a rut & not keen on hols, suggestions please for solo travel

(6 Posts)
Shipshape3 Thu 10-Mar-16 18:37:21

DH not keen on going away now, I still want to get my sunshine/hols fix, any suggestions on what to do as a solo traveller either in UK or Europe - everything I've seen is either over 60s or age 30-40 (i'm 50 & not ready to ramble with the over 60s just yet) wd prefer a group holiday

Have 3 DS's 15, 17 & 20 so they definitely don't want to go anywhere with me for more than an hour, lol

SoThatHappened Thu 10-Mar-16 18:54:27

Look at the websites Exodus and Explore.

Adventure tours for any age group.

ameliameerkat Thu 10-Mar-16 20:36:09

I second Exodus! I've had a couple of great holidays with them. Both times age ranged from late 20s/early 30s to 60s, good mix of folk.

wantmorenow Thu 10-Mar-16 21:08:33

Friendship travel - had the most amazing holiday with them and it was mainly 40+ women. Had a ball.

Shipshape3 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:39:05

Thanks I'll look at those, we did an Explore holiday a few years ago with the kids to Croatia, that was good, never thought of them for just me

Hrafnkel Fri 11-Mar-16 10:09:01

Also suggesting exodus here. I went on holiday with my parents aged 26 and had a great time - mix of ages, small, friendly tour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now