Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What to say?

(6 Posts)
shandybass Wed 09-Mar-16 23:50:03

Ok I know it sounds daft, but how do I start the conversation. . The it's not going well chat, or we need to talk, or this isn't working, or should we separate, or things need to change although I don't know what and you've already said you won't change and I've had enough.
Grr I'm so tired of thinking about my crappy relationship and annoyed that I don't think you've thought about it one tenth as much.
Is this the break up or the ultimatum
I'm not sure. At the moment communication is at such an all time low I'm not sure where to even start. Help.

redexpat Wed 09-Mar-16 23:53:44

Ask him how he thinks the relationship is, ishe happy with it, why or why not. What could you both to to make each other happier. Split is an option here.

Do you want to salvage it or do you just want out?

Joysmum Wed 09-Mar-16 23:58:39

'I love you but this isn't going how I thought it would and I think it can be a lot better. What do you think?'

Then make sure you've thought about what you need to prioritise changing so you've got some ideas. You need to think about improvements rather than critising the past.

shandybass Thu 10-Mar-16 00:07:44

Mm. Ta for that. From previous conversations albeit over a year ago. 1. He doesn't think there's much wrong and what is is because of my over reactions and stress. 2. Not sure I luv him or that he thinks it's his issue. He thinks I should just get over it and chill.

ridemesideways Thu 10-Mar-16 00:20:00

This isn't working for me anymore, goodbye

Joysmum Thu 10-Mar-16 11:35:36

This isn't working for me anymore, goodbye

I agree if the, 'things need to be a lot better, are you up for us both making changes?' talk doesn't get any results sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now