Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

She has totally betrayed me,what would you do?

(15 Posts)
Sashajo Wed 09-Mar-16 19:00:19

So 4 years ago I make friends with a woman at my daughters nursery.
Quickly became good friends,I confided in her and her with me.
3 years later she moves down south but we keep in touch on facebook.
I make a application for a new credit card but got declined then I got declined to open a new bank account.
I thought this is so strange so I check my credit report and can't believe it.
There is 3 ccjs on my report but registered to her address (old address)
Through digging around I found out 3 years ago "I" had changed my address on electoral roll to her address then opened 2 catalogues and a store card.
The catalogues were £1200 each and store card £750.
I rang these people and explained but they said there wasn't a lot they could do.
She had ordered a fridge a cooker a washer etc
I emailed her on Facebook and she said ...prove it then blocked me.
I'm gutted

dontknowwhatcomesnext Wed 09-Mar-16 19:08:35

Call the police immediately. Actually, this would be fairly easily provable (though it will be a pain), as your address was changed to her address (which she lived at before "you" changed your address?), and presumably you have much documentation (and a partner/housemate of some sort?) who can back you up to say you actually never moved. Also, if she still has the fridge, cooker, etc., that will be clear. It very much is fraud, which is a crime with penalties that can include jail. What a cunt.

Masterbuilders Wed 09-Mar-16 19:10:09

You report it to action fraud, the police, the credit files and the companies involved and get it all removed. I presume you have proof that you always lived where you do? If so it will be easy to sort. It will just take time. You need to apply to have the CCJ's set aside.

Herewegoagainfolks Wed 09-Mar-16 19:14:29

Police, without any hesitation.

Sashajo Wed 09-Mar-16 19:15:14

Yes I rent a flat and that is in my name.
Tenancy agreement plus council tax bills etc all in my name.
Im confused whats going on because on my credit file it has got my address then her address as a linked address.
I don't know how she has managed it.
She doesn't live there anymore tho that building of flats has been demolished.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Wed 09-Mar-16 19:17:05

What a cunt.


Action Fraud first off. I hope karma fucks her over big time.

backinaminute Wed 09-Mar-16 19:19:08

I had something similar and its a pita to sort but more time consuming than anything else.

Speak to ActionFraud and explain everything. They will give you some advice. If you go to your local police, the reference number they give you will be helpful

abbsismyhero Wed 09-Mar-16 19:34:34

get a cifas warning put on your credit account which is a pain in the arse you have to give them a password only you know so if you apply for credit it gets rejected instantly you provide the password and its hopefully approved (just don't go to halifax they refused to listen to me and rejected me for a bank account due to "poor credit" i have a very good credit rating they just wouldn't use my password to check nationwide did and they have my custom) its shit when this happens you have my sympathies ive had it happen to me

goddessofsmallthings Wed 09-Mar-16 19:37:27

This woman has stolen your identity to commit fraud.

Click on 'Report' in this link to start the, sadly very slow, ball rolling that will bring her to account for her actions and please note that you're best advised to avoid entering into any further communication with her:

madimia Wed 09-Mar-16 19:43:20

What on Earth?!?!?! So sorry OP, what a horrible thing to go through, I am steaming on your behalf angry. Agree with previous posters: go to the police. This is insane. What an absolute fucking bitch.
Treat yourself to some wine and chocolate I'm sure those police will see right through her. Good luck.

HermioneWeasley Wed 09-Mar-16 19:45:43

Screen shot the "prove it" message as well - hardly the response of an innocent person!

Plomino Wed 09-Mar-16 20:18:28

Straight to Action Fraud . They will do a referral to the police as and when they deem it necessary . You don't need to do both , as Action Fraud is recognised as the national agency that deals with the reporting of fraud as a crime . Tell them everything you know including all her details , her old addresses , Facebook accounts , email addresses , everything . This is their bread and butter work . I'd also inform both experian and equifax as a matter of urgency , in case she tries to do anything else . Mobile phones and contracts are also common . Definitely keep that message too .

PirateSmile Wed 09-Mar-16 20:22:45

Does she really believe you won't be able to prove it? She sounds like the world's worst criminal grin

Place marking, because I've got a slightly similar (but nowhere near as bad!) situation...

PeppermintPasty Wed 09-Mar-16 20:55:32

I don't wish to pour cold water but beware of the police. I have had a similar situation and they have been utterly shite, so much so I have complained to the IPCC about their atrocious handling of/indifference to the theft and fraud.

(Very short story-I got my losses reimbursed by my bank and police tried to tell me there was therefore no crime, despite an active thief who was interviewed and admitted it!).

Steel yourself for a battle with bureaucracy. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now