Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Too much time thinking

(1 Post)
Missc02 Wed 09-Mar-16 14:46:43

Hi, I'm new on this and wondered if you could offer some advice? In a nut shell I live alone with my 2 kids and my partner is in prison.
Basically our relationship hasn't always been good, in fact it's been quite bad. I was very early pregnant when he went to prison (please no 'you can do better' I've decided to stick by him that is not the issue) so I went through it all alone etc he is due out at the end of the year, I moved far from all my family so have no support, we do row quite a bit, unless any of you have been in a relationship with a prisoner I don't know if you could understand why. But I feel anxious recently, he is very jealous so sometimes I feel like I can't be bothered to talk to him as it causes a row etc living in such different environments we seem to have different views! This whole thing is taking its toll on our relationship but I guess my question is how can I be sure it'll be worth it? I know I just gotta put my trust in him that means waiting till he gets out,he's promised he'll make it up to me and our kids etc. He's missed a lot. We've been together a long time and he is in prison for something silly (his own fault) I do love him, very much, but sometimes I feel very resentful. My life has changed so much because of his stupid mistake. Our kids live without a dad, our baby barely even knows him. I have helped him endlessly through this and I'm starting to wonder if he'll stick to his word. Also we've lived apart for a long time and I'm starting to wonder if well be okay living together again. I don't know, guess I got a lot of time to think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now