Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Step Right Up! It's dating thread 99

(1000 Posts)
WavingNotDrowning Tue 08-Mar-16 21:43:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 08-Mar-16 21:46:28

Joining the new thread!

WavingNotDrowning Tue 08-Mar-16 21:47:50

JollyXmasJumper Tue 08-Mar-16 21:50:43

Place marking!

Post #4 does count for good luck, right? Universe you owe me dammit grin

DrFoxtrot Tue 08-Mar-16 21:51:47

Joining here too!

WavingNotDrowning Tue 08-Mar-16 21:52:05

whattodoforthebest2 Tue 08-Mar-16 21:53:47

Where do I sign up?

BornToFolk Tue 08-Mar-16 21:56:57

Place marking for Handy's update!

whattodoforthebest2 Tue 08-Mar-16 21:59:04

In today's news, I wrote a Dear John text to someone I've seen about 5 times in 5 months. Not sure why I waited this long - no birthday card, no Xmas card, no Valentine's card. I cooked him dinner the other night, no gift, no wine, no thank you either. Why oh why did I waste my time? sad

MrsRolandRat Tue 08-Mar-16 21:59:52

Marking place and eagerly awaiting handy' update

Mag314s Tue 08-Mar-16 22:04:52

Thank you for the positivity and the new thread!. Im reading MH and enjoying it. Feeling happy a babysitter materialised for Friday...
Good vibrations brew
Ive a feeling this thread will be lucky too.
I prefer feeling positive to feeling negative.

WavingNotDrowning Tue 08-Mar-16 22:07:05

WavingNotDrowning Tue 08-Mar-16 22:07:50

TooSassy Tue 08-Mar-16 22:11:44

Place marking. Wow we fill these threads fast.

You're all epic!

Welcome what to the thread.

Lacoba66 Tue 08-Mar-16 22:11:54

To TooSassy and BornToFolk I did write a reply & then the thread changed - ( it got lost in the etha, I guess). Thank you to both your replies ( food for thought )

But sod that - Handy update -lol!

whattodoforthebest2 Tue 08-Mar-16 22:16:02

Hi Waving, thank you - not much to say really, I thought he was a nice guy, tbh he seemed like a very committed dad (which certainly got him brownie points), but he never suggested going out, meeting up, he never had any money and just didn't make an effort. I think I only hung in there because I usually write them off too quickly, so decided I should take it slow - so it all died a slow death! I'm actually not that bothered really, but the hassle of starting OLD again is depressing. I'd welcome suggestions of good sites to join, if anyone has any?

Tigger2016 Tue 08-Mar-16 22:20:05

Omg why did I not listen to rule number 14 - hurts so bad -

Need cheering up!

Tigger2016 Tue 08-Mar-16 22:21:31

Di we need a rule 15 - do not overthink!

BornToFolk Tue 08-Mar-16 22:32:28

Ok, Tinder weirdness...I was having a clear out of old matches earlier and I think I may have accidentally unmatched Bacon sad I am peeved about it as I've lost our messages which were nice and also can't loom at his pics blush
But also, should I say anything to him about it? Might he think it's a bit weird/off? I know it doesn't really matter as we are whatsapp ing now so no real harm done...just not sure if I should say anything or not. Bloody hate that app sometimes...so glitchy!

BornToFolk Tue 08-Mar-16 22:33:43

*look!

MrsRolandRat Tue 08-Mar-16 22:36:20

Born I'd be inclined to say nothing and if he asks then explain you were having a clear out.

pumpkinmoon1 Tue 08-Mar-16 22:38:56

I wonder how many of these threads it will take for all of us to meet these great men smile

TooSassy Tue 08-Mar-16 22:39:45

lacoba post again tmrw when you can face it. Come on, don't give up that easily on diamond...not yet.

BornToFolk Tue 08-Mar-16 22:47:49

Yeah you're right Roland. I can't say anything without looking less than hinged! Best to wait for him to notice and then tell the truth. Bloody glad we had exchanged numbers!

JollyXmasJumper Tue 08-Mar-16 23:28:18

< refreshes thread frantically waiting for Handy's update >

Thank you Waving for the new thread

Folk i am with Roland no need to say anything unless he asks (which he probably will not do because he is not over analyzing like us all)

Welcome what, I think OKC is the best out of the sites I have tried. Tinder is a close second because of the traffic there.

Tigger we cannot make "no overthinking" a rule or this thread will lose one of its main purposes. Sorry grin

On that note, I re-read the Maple Conversation and realized he has ended it with the same stupid smiley face twice before the one that killed me. So I find myself a little hopeful or delusional, you pick with regards to a potential positive development.. The date was good, he is bit awkward and I do not think I have made any major faux-pas.. Besides trying a tiny bit too hard to show him how independent I am. blush but I am not sure it qualifies as repellingly OTT.. And I am working on myself to get better at this dating thing so...Question. If he does not come around by the end of the week, is there any way I could communicate that I am worried my freaking out about the date made me pull a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde move on him? I want to know what went sideways! And getting him to be interested again would be a major added bonus. I can hear MH's voice telling me that showing a bit of vulnerability would nicely balance out my whole "80s stereotypical working girl" act. But he is also yelling "don't do the chasing". And whispering that it is ok to make a move/encourage him to make a move. And... Shut up Matthew. Any thoughts??

This thread is not accepting new messages.