Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How soon to start dating?

(6 Posts)
Confused59 Tue 08-Mar-16 21:04:44

How soon would you consider it reasonable following losing a partner. Been together 20 years married for just under 3 . One child

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Tue 08-Mar-16 21:05:32

At least a year, probably more flowers

Notlikethis88 Tue 08-Mar-16 21:11:23

Whenever you feel comfortable to do so...

RedMapleLeaf Tue 08-Mar-16 21:29:39

When you feel like it. Similarly when you want to take a break smile

TheNaze73 Wed 09-Mar-16 08:11:47

I don't think there is a rule here, it's very much down to the individual. If the shoe was on the other foot & I was the one you were dating, I think I'd like to know though, if it was very soon, just in case. Obviously, that's choice but, I would feel obliged for fear of a rebound job

TheVeganVagina Wed 09-Mar-16 09:16:44

I think you need a good two years before dating. This gives you and your dc to adjust to a new normal. It will also give you time to travel on the grief roller coaster. I say this with first hand experience. If i started dating any earlier it wouldnt be fair on the new person either. Ultimately it is up to you to decide when you and your dc are ready.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now