Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Missing person?

(5 Posts)
Terminatorpig Sat 05-Mar-16 18:31:18

I don't want to say too much in case I out myself but I think I've found my missing parent after 20 years, I'm not expecting some big family reunion, I don't even know what to expect, any advice?

Marchate Sat 05-Mar-16 18:38:43

By missing do you mean they left? Or actually on a missing persons list?

I have read accounts of people meeting parents who gave them up for adoption. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it's disappointing because what the person imagined would happen, didn't

So by whatever route you have come to this point, it's maybe best not to hope for a perfect outcome

Hope it works out for you both

Terminatorpig Sat 05-Mar-16 19:00:38

Missing as in left, I'm not expecting anything, I don't want a relationship, I wasn't actually expecting them to still be alive, it's like opening Pandora's box

Marchate Sat 05-Mar-16 19:06:07

It must be. Were you very young when they left?

Terminatorpig Sat 05-Mar-16 19:23:34

I was a teenager, had some limited irregular contact after that then nothing for 20 years, now this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now