Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I just need to rant :@

(5 Posts)
earlymorningwaker Fri 04-Mar-16 21:39:38

omg I had to hold back some tears today. gave MIL her mother's day gift today. a lovely pic of her grandson (professionally done) and she didn't say thank you she said she wanted the other pic what was for my ds great nan and our big picture of him. down right rude and really ungrateful. I wanted to take my son and myself upstairs away from her so I could cry. I didn't go out my way to pay for the whole shoot and pic out a nice pic for her for it to be thrown back in my face. I'm getting sick and tired of her now.

rant over....for now....

VimFuego101 Fri 04-Mar-16 21:45:10

Well you know what to do next year - let her son sort out a present!

earlymorningwaker Fri 04-Mar-16 21:53:33

it was him who sorted it out and picked the pic. we done it so all the grand and great grandad mothers had something I paid for it as DP can't afford it. he hit the roof over it.

Cabrinha Fri 04-Mar-16 22:13:15

Sounds like there's a backstory.
Photographers will print out as many photos as you're prepared to pay for.
I'd text her the studio number and say "if you'd like the other photos too, give x a call, you'll need to pay yourself an they are £x".
Then go as limited contact as necessary.
And possibly let her son tell her that he's disappointed in her for being rude and ungrateful.

earlymorningwaker Fri 04-Mar-16 23:50:04

if I go into the back story we will be here all night. DP has told her didn't listen (never does) and had a word with fil toomey I also snapped at her to, refused to be nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now