Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling violated when trying for a baby

(6 Posts)
elliebe13 Thu 03-Mar-16 22:15:40

I've just left my emotionally abusive ex husband which I have posted a bit about before. The final straw was finding out he was cheating on me just as we had started trying for baby number two. Luckily we did not conceive as I have had my period.

Still feeling violated that he knew I would not consent if I knew about the other woman and the fact that he was willing to use my body in this way. If you don't have all the facts to make the decision surely it cannot be consent? It is really bothering me. Would love to hear anybody's thoughts on this.

Justaboy Thu 03-Mar-16 22:22:22

Be thankful for a small, nay large mercy that you aren't carrying.

Poor yousad

Ughnotagain Thu 03-Mar-16 22:25:07

It's an interesting point and to be honest, I genuinely don't know the answer.

I hope you're ok though OP flowers

AnyFucker Thu 03-Mar-16 22:25:59

I think I would feel just like you do

What a horrible man and I expect a lot of what should have been enjoyable experiences have been somewhat sullied by his sleazy ways

BarefootAcrossHotLegoPieces Thu 03-Mar-16 22:27:33

I can completely understand your feelings.

Legally, the circumstances do not cancel out your consent; it's not illegal to lie in pursuit of consent, except I think about condom use.

But it just adds to the betrayal flowers

Marilynsbigsister Thu 03-Mar-16 22:34:01

I feel very sorry for you OP and hope you are feeling better. Please go and see your GP and ask for some counselling. You openly admit that he is abusive and yet you have continued to try and conceive a child with someone you recognise will cause you (and by association- your children ) harm. This is so wrong on all levels. You don't recognise it. This needs to change. Keeping dcs safe should be your no. 1 priority.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now