Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this normal?

(10 Posts)
Pocketlife Tue 01-Mar-16 11:47:13

NC for this.

Recently ive been crying after sex, i enjoy the sex and my partner is incredibly loving and gentle but for some reason after orgasm, i become very sad and feel very guilty, it lasts about 5-10 mins and i cant stand my partner touching me during this, its very embarrassing.

Anybody have any experience with this?

nearlyovertherainbow Tue 01-Mar-16 12:04:03

Hmmm I think crying after sex, especially after orgasm is quite, if not very, common. However, I'm not sure the guilty and sad feeling is particularly"normal".

Are you generally happy?

pocketsaviour Tue 01-Mar-16 12:12:23

Have you recently had any medication changes - for example starting or stopping an anti-depressant, or switching from oral contraceptive to implant?

Alternatively, is there something stressful happening in your life at the moment which may be "leaking" out at moments when you feel most relaxed and safe?

nearlyovertherainbow Tue 01-Mar-16 12:14:50

Also, can I ask how long you've been with your dp and how long as this been happening?

Pocketlife Tue 01-Mar-16 12:43:35

Sorry i should have mentioned in the OP, we've been together 4years and yeah im on ADS, it beem happening for about 2 years but not everytime, i was sexually abused as a child but have never experienced this before so i dont think its linked to that.

nearlyovertherainbow Tue 01-Mar-16 12:58:05

I'm so sorry to hear about your abuse OP. Have you received any professional help?

I wouldn't rule out that this is the reason, just because it's only been happening for the past 2 years. Feelings can resurface at any time.

Does your dp know about the abuse you suffered? If yes, can I ask how far into the relationship you told them?

gatewalker Tue 01-Mar-16 13:06:39

Pocket - It sounds like a somatic trauma release response.

Orgasm can release emotions, memories, trauma in the body (and joy, bliss, happiness too). This doesn't mean this release is a bad thing - but if you're not getting support for the abuse right now, then I'd suggest going to someone and speaking to them about this. A somatic psychotherapist may be very helpful.

Pocketlife Tue 01-Mar-16 13:10:32

Yeah i recived about 8 sessions of cbt and im seeing a psychologist now.

My dp was the first person i ever told and we had been together about 8 months, it was very hard as the person who abused me very was very much still part of my family and dp knew him.

I really hadnt thought it was anything to do with that but after thinking about it i suppose you could be right.

Pocketlife Tue 01-Mar-16 13:13:11

Yes i will mention it at my next session.

I feel abit supid writting this now as its become so obvious to what the cause is.

Thankyou for all replies.

Slowdecrease Tue 01-Mar-16 14:04:58

I'm the same after orgasm, I dont always cry but often feel like I want to hide , don't want to be touched etc. I wouldn't describe it as guilty as such, more hyper sensitive. It dissipates quite quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now