Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I feel like shit

(58 Posts)
SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 21:01:06

So I got used by a guy and he lied to me.Just stringing me along until he found someone else.

He just changed his profile picture to him and his gf smiling happily together.

He would never have taken me away or posed for a picture with me.

She is good enough and I am only good enough to be used.

I feel utterly worthless. Fuck this. Im giving up.

clashofclanswidow Mon 29-Feb-16 21:17:52

Oh OP, so sorry for you =(

Please don't allow him to let you feel this way.

I'm not sure how long this has been going on but if I were you, I would take some time to think about what will make you happy again.

Please don't think you need this mans approval to be happy in yourself =) xx

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 21:21:26

I met him in 2013. On/off since then.

But he has cheated and lied in every relationship he has ever had. When I caught him cheating on me, he sulked and treated me like the abuser for saying anything and behaved like the victim. It was so effective and he so manipulative I was saying sorry to him for what i did.

But even I wasnt good enough to be publicly acknowledged as his gf. And she is.

I dont think anyone knew about me. He was good at future faking though.

There he is all happy and smiling with her. I've realsied how little I really meant. I was a filler until he got someone else and he would never pose for a picture with me.

Sandyclaus Mon 29-Feb-16 21:26:19

So - maybe hard to think this but - you are better off without him. If he cares so little about you're feelings then you've had a lucky escape - and that means that the right is waiting for you.

Tell yourself that is welcome to him- you can do a lot better than a lying cheating bastard

goddessofsmallthings Mon 29-Feb-16 21:29:04

he would never pose for a picture with me If having your photo taken with him meant so much to you, why did you stick around after he'd made it clear he didn't want to pose with you?

he has cheated and lied in every relationship he has ever had In which case it won't be long before he cheats on his latest flame but, again, it begs the question of why you stuck around after you caught him cheating on you?

You're not "worthless" but, as far as this man is concerned, you've behaved as if you're of no consequence and I'm curious to know why you allowed him to treat you so badly?

Robotgirl Mon 29-Feb-16 21:32:21

He sounds like a massive wank badger thunder cunt.
You're 5 zillion times better off without him. Fact.

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 21:35:09

he would never pose for a picture with me If having your photo taken with him meant so much to you, why did you stick around after he'd made it clear he didn't want to pose with you?

I never asked him to pose with me. He didnt take any pictures of me unless they were me naked in bed with him

he has cheated and lied in every relationship he has ever had In which case it won't be long before he cheats on his latest flame but, again, it begs the question of why you stuck around after you caught him cheating on you

He looks really happy with her though. Mind you I saw pictures of him really happy with his last two gfs too and he cheated on both of them. I dont know...I was in a bad place at work and needed the attention. He had been lying to me about us. Speaking of all the time we had to spend together in the future and how great it would be.

You're not "worthless" but, as far as this man is concerned, you've behaved as if you're of no consequence and I'm curious to know why you allowed him to treat you so badly?

It sounds ridiculous but I really like him and I do not know why. He has really got under my skin.

i know the odds are he will cheat on this one when bored. But at least she gets publicly acknowledged as his gf. A privilege even I didnt get.

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 21:35:46

He sounds like a massive wank badger thunder cunt.
You're 5 zillion times better off without him. Fact.

That made me smile!

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 21:43:22

Oh and I did walk once. I gave up. Then he really stepped up and acted like he cared.

I thought he did. I guess it was to keep me around.

nicenewdusters Mon 29-Feb-16 21:50:23

I think you should count yourself lucky there's no documentary evidence of your time with him. He sounds like a Jeremy Kyle researcher's dream, an absolute knuckle dragging arsehole. Why do you think your standards are so low that despite everything you can admit to still liking him ? I'm afraid to say that it does sound ridiculous.

BlondieLoxie Mon 29-Feb-16 21:51:41

Never think that you wasn't good enough. I've been in some shitty relationships and I know exactly how you feel.

One guy in particular chased me, got me and strung me the fuck along for years. He said he doesn't do love and cares about me but doesn't love me. He loved his exes and he fell in love with the woman he cheated on me with, but not me!

Figured I was too needed, too available and to accepting of his half measured affections.

Read a great book 'why men love bitches'. Title put me off but was recommended by a friend. Awesome book and I'm telling you now, there's a lot of truth in it. Never accepted anything less than my worth from that moment on.

He is the problem and maybe the way you view yourself. You need to toughen up for your own sake.

BlondieLoxie Mon 29-Feb-16 21:52:34

*too needy

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 21:59:23

I think you should count yourself lucky there's no documentary evidence of your time with him. He sounds like a Jeremy Kyle researcher's dream, an absolute knuckle dragging arsehole. Why do you think your standards are so low that despite everything you can admit to still liking him?

I would pay money to see him on Jeremy Kyle with all the women he has fucked over confronting him. Lol.

I dont know. It wasnt all bad. It sounds bad as I am focusing on all the negative stuff as I am hurt.

At the time, we got on well, he was nice to me, we talked loads, we had nice evenings together, had great sex, I genuinely enjoyed his company, we have similar senses of humour.

Some stuff happened near the end which made me find out it all wasnt as it seemed and I didnt walk away as I was in hell at work and needed the attention. Then he dumped me anyway telling me about his new gf.

I am sure he probably overlapped her with me and about 2 others anyway.

But she has the gf label and even i didnt get that. I wasnt even good enough to meet his friends. He took me out for dinner, drinks but no one ever met me like his friends.

goddessofsmallthings Mon 29-Feb-16 22:16:09

He has really got under my skin Get a pin and winkle him out. All you have to do is chalk him up to experience, put a high value on yourself, and avoid chancers, users, and losers.

Remember that actions speak louder than words; don't allow yourself to emotionally invest in any man who fails to demonstrate that he means what he says and look for one who truly is a 'man of his word'.

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 22:28:30

So why is she good enough to meet everyone and be his gf.

But I wasnt.

Malefriendproblem Mon 29-Feb-16 22:31:35

OP You wrote some lovely things on my similar thread recently and I do know what you are going through. Take the same advice you gave me and value yourself. You are not worthless. The scumbag that made you feel that way is not worth the shit on your shoe. As you said to me, the new gf will soon suss him out and hopefully drop him from a great height. Karma will win the day. Take care of yourself x

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 22:35:46

The scumbag that made you feel that way is not worth the shit on your shoe.

No it is the other way around. I am not worth the shit on his shoe or I'd be his gf.

Maybe this is the time he stops cheating and becomes a decent man

ouryve Mon 29-Feb-16 22:35:56

He's the shit and is hardly a prize for his new girlfriend.

Block him out of your life and off your Internet.

goddessofsmallthings Mon 29-Feb-16 22:49:52

Leopards don't change their spots. Once a cheat, always a cheat - just make damn sure he doesn't do his cheating with you.

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 22:54:08

Leopards don't change their spots. Once a cheat, always a cheat - just make damn sure he doesn't do his cheating with you.

I think he has cheated with me. As i said something came to light near the end and I was like wait a minute, you were back with your ex, we were seeing each other then and he said ummm ahhhh no I cant remember the dates.

I wouldnt knowingly have let him cheat with me. He lies about everything I found out. He seemed so sensitive and sweet when I met him. It horrified me what he was capable of in the end.

I just cant let go of the face that this is the time he will be a good man and I was just me he used.

NewChristian Mon 29-Feb-16 22:55:24

He's the one who isn't good enough - not you! One of the most important things I've realised recently is that you should never rely on anyone else to validate how you feel about yourself. If you start with you, your self esteem will improve.

Honestly, this man is no prize at all is he? His new gf will also be on the end of his shitty behaviour. There are so many screwed up people around. They are the inadequate ones and not you. Be kind to yourself.

Lemond1fficult Mon 29-Feb-16 22:55:49

I don't know you, but I can guarantee you're worth ten of him. Just because you were taken in by an arsehole who doesn't respect women doesn't mean you're shit on anyone's shoes. It happens to us all at some point.

All you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and watch out for the warning signs next time. Such as not wanting to take pictures with you. Or constant past cheating.

Hope you get over this dickhead soon. (And block his Facebook! You know it makes sense).

NewChristian Mon 29-Feb-16 22:57:22

He isn't a good man. Decent people don't treat others badly. They don't lie and cheat.

Even if they pretend to be nice and say they would never treat you that way, eventually they show their true colours.

SoThatHappened Mon 29-Feb-16 23:20:57

it wasnt just cheating.

he is always complaining about work and was dismissive to me last time i saw him. I'd never seen that side of him before.

goddessofsmallthings Mon 29-Feb-16 23:50:19

Whether or not he 'just' used you is immaterial as the fact is that he is NOT a good man. He will NEVER be a good man. And he is not good enough for you.

Set the pole higher - and don't allow any man to limbo dance under it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now