Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lundy Bancroft "Should I Stay or Should I Go" for other posters bogged down in confusion

(4 Posts)
pablothepenguin Fri 26-Feb-16 13:52:49

I've heard several times over the last few months that my relationship isn't healthy. I know I'm not the only poster to struggle hearing that message, especially if the abuse word is used. Posters are misunderstanding my DH etc. My relationship is all over this book. I really recommend it to others who are confused.

I don't know the answer yet but it's such a weird kind of relief after reading the above book to feel less confused about how I feel (for today anyway).

It's an odd experience to read virtually word for word something said to me by DH.

Just wanted to share as its a lonely business working through relationship misery. Someone on my last thread referred to wading through treacle.

Marchate Fri 26-Feb-16 14:20:01

His books are so helpful. It makes you realise your partner isn't as clever as he thinks. He's following a worn out script while thinking how original and intelligent he is

pablothepenguin Fri 26-Feb-16 17:54:03

Yes, and I have made it easy for him.

Marchate, you've been very kind on threads I've had under difft names and lots of others poster threads. Thank you.

Marchate Fri 26-Feb-16 18:03:52

Thank you very much for saying that. I feel very touched x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now