Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone else just feel nothing?

(10 Posts)
Boathouseblues Thu 25-Feb-16 14:14:57

After a shortish relationship with a man I was heed over heels for and turkey thought was the one I have just been left feeling totally like I can't be bothered.

With him things felt like they were just going to prefect and easy, no issues with the fact I had children just felt like we would slip into being a family and thing would be great.

Things went wrong 3 months ago and u still can't get my head around it, I just don't feel like this is the end for us we have just to much history and chemistry for it not to be.

I'm over the initial crying stage but I just feel numb, I have no interest in anything, I don't want to go out, I don't want to date I don't want any man near my children or in my house all I want to do have quiet, once kids in bed I just sit there in silence with Telly off and just feel nothing.

I have never been like this before, was always ok with the idea if dating etc now I just feel like I never want to date again it all just seems like far to much stress and effort

Boathouseblues Thu 25-Feb-16 14:18:36

Truly thought he was the one not turkey blush

TheNaze73 Thu 25-Feb-16 14:54:21

Things went wrong? Such as? Was it stuff beyond your control?

HandyWoman Thu 25-Feb-16 15:13:20

a few things stand out: you say this was a shortish relationship yet there is too much history for this to be the end, also you

'Thought it was going to be perfect'

'We would slip into being a family'

These sound like rather unrealistic ideas, perhaps impossible ideas for any relationship particularly with do involved.

Perhaps this is the end? Perhaps you crashed and burned?

It's normal and ok to feel sad and sometimes s but numb. There's no reason you should 'feel like dating' in these circs

So sorry. flowers look after yourself

HandyWoman Thu 25-Feb-16 15:13:47

dc not do

Pinkheart5915 Thu 25-Feb-16 15:18:17

What went wrong 3 months ago? That you can't get your head around?

You say " thought it was going to be perfect" Nothing in life is perfect and relationships have to be worked out.
Nobody slips in to being the perfect family either, it takes a lot of work to being a good family.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 25-Feb-16 15:34:05

I think maybe you need a conclusion. You seem to be in limbo at the moment- not believing that the relationship has ended and hoping for a reconciliation?
Would it help to contact him and try to work things through? Perhaps it all developed too fast. After the initial rush of a relationship, it does cool off a bit or life gets in the way. Nothing's perfect.
The other alternative is to admit it's over and try to get over it as best you can and just concentrate on you and your family.

Boathouseblues Thu 25-Feb-16 19:26:57

I know how it sound but that just the way I'm feeling at the moment, I know nothing perfect and we wouldn't just slip into family life just like that but it just seemed it was all going to be pretty stress free with him, he just seemed to accept everything on my life.

Guess I just don't see how we could of had all that history and for nothing to come of it

Coco0123 Thu 25-Feb-16 19:46:43

I'm having a similar time at the moment OP. How long were you together?

KellyElly Thu 25-Feb-16 19:53:09

You sound a bit depressed OP. If you keep feeling this way, go and see your GP. Once you start losing interest in anything and feeling numb like this you need to take care of yourself. Being a single mum is hard and when you find something you feel might work and it doesn't it can really affect you. Lots of hugs thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now