Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I think I've finally accepted I need to leave him

(5 Posts)
WitteryTwittery Sun 21-Feb-16 20:13:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tribpot Sun 21-Feb-16 20:17:26

Yes, I'm afraid you would end up bitterly regretting it if you don't stick to your word. You gave him a second chance and he blew it. Frankly it was completely unrealistic of him to imagine he could go out at 09:30 to a drinking event and not lose control but that isn't your problem to resolve.

Are you renting currently? Do you think you will be unable to get him to leave the current property?

Resilience16 Sun 21-Feb-16 20:39:31

Hi Wittery, sorry to hear you are in this crappy situation, but glad you can see you need to get out of it.
I would say as well as the Council,you could try Citizens Advice, Women's Aid and also Al Anon for advice and support. If your partner has drink and drug issues he will continue to be unreliable and unsupportive until he admits he has a problem and gets help. You can't change him, he needs to change himself.
In the meantime you and your kids deserve better. Good luck x

ridemesideways Sun 21-Feb-16 21:23:39

So sorry OP, I remember your other thread. His behaviour has sent you a very clear message this time, hasn't it?! Well done for making this decision.

Choughed Sun 21-Feb-16 21:31:02

I remember your thread. Congratulations on your new baby and I'm so sorry it's come to this with your H. I think you are doing the right thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now