Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How often do you see your bf?

(7 Posts)
Hannabanana2 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:20:59

We're 6 months together and we see each other about twice a week. I'd like it to be more though but he has so many other commitments. Sometimes I wonder whether there really is space for a girlfriend in his life, I want to be more than a regular legover.

RiceCrispieTreats Fri 19-Feb-16 21:25:15

Doesn't matter how often any of us see our boyfriends. What matters is that you are not getting what you want in this particular relationship.

If he doesn't meet your standards, OP, then he's not the man for you.

Hannabanana2 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:31:22

Yes, I know. I just wondered how others compare that's all. Is twice a week about average, a lot or a little?

TheNaze73 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:46:29

It's all down to personal preference. A couple of times a week would be more than enough for me after 6 months but, each to their own

Robotgirl Fri 19-Feb-16 21:48:00

Have you talked to HIM about you points you've raised here?

TokenGinger Fri 19-Feb-16 21:49:55

When I was with my ex, I saw him approx 5 days per week at 6 months in but it was unhealthy. I gave up a lot of the things I enjoy to do that. He's clearly happy to see you twice per week and also still engage in his own activities.

If it doesn't suit you, you should speak to him and see if it's negotiable. If not, leave.

PurpleLilac2016 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:53:49

Guy I was seeing for 6 mths, I saw him once every so often! I got bored eventually because I spent most of my time talking to him via text, instead of spending time with him face to face!

If you're looking to spend more time with each, then discuss that with him, and see what he says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now