Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Apparently he is "emotionally circumcised"-whatever that means...

(13 Posts)
onesurething Thu 18-Feb-16 23:40:16

Long story but friend used it about ex DP who certainly had his issues. Didn't want to seem like an idiot so didn't ask her what she meant? Have you ever heard this expression?

CastielsClevererBetterSister Thu 18-Feb-16 23:49:31

I think she might mean emotionally castrated? Making a man feel 'less of a man' in other words weak and ineffective.

onesurething Thu 18-Feb-16 23:53:26

Not sure but she definitely said circumcised. I was thinking maybe in expressive like he had had something taken away? Ironically he was also physically circumcised smile

annandale Thu 18-Feb-16 23:55:07

um he'd had a particular emotion removed? Or did she mean circumspect?

ouryve Thu 18-Feb-16 23:56:03

I think she might have meant circumscribed grin

NotnowNigel Thu 18-Feb-16 23:57:57

Does she mean emotionally stunted (bit of an off way to use circumcision)?

ouryve Fri 19-Feb-16 00:01:08

Emotionally circumscribed does mean emotionally limited - but in the sense of having tight boundaries, ie stiff upper lip, rather than having bits chopped off!

CastielsClevererBetterSister Fri 19-Feb-16 00:04:32

I have heard of emotional castration (figuratively cutting off a man's nuts by undermining him) so maybe she got mixed up between balls and foreskin? Or maybe she meant he exposed his emotions and wasn't able to cover them? grin wink

onesurething Fri 19-Feb-16 00:38:53

Pmsl at getting mixed up between balls and foreskin. He was very up and down but would then pretend to be all in control so I don't know maybe sthg to do with that? I'd have happily cut his balls off (metaphorically speaking) when I found out he had cheated tbh..

goddessofsmallthings Fri 19-Feb-16 01:25:34

Perhaps he was more of a Puritan Roundhead than a Laughing Cavalier? wink

LovelyFriend Fri 19-Feb-16 01:34:30

I think she mixed her metaphors and may have meant to say "he's a bit of a tit" ( and not in a good way). grin

LovelyFriend Fri 19-Feb-16 01:34:48

But I've never met the man ....

Mirrormirroronthewall1 Fri 19-Feb-16 01:36:28

Maybe she means emotionally constipated... I've heard that phase used before for men who find it hard to connect emotionally

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now