Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sick of feeling ignored and devoid of compliments from DH

(12 Posts)
InandOutofLove Tue 16-Feb-16 22:50:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marchate Wed 17-Feb-16 00:00:37

He knows you look good but is being spiteful

Does he generally put you down?

areyoubeingserviced Wed 17-Feb-16 00:07:29

He is worried about your new found confidence.
I am not sure what advice to give tbh.
The problem us definitely with him.

Lilyargin Wed 17-Feb-16 00:13:08

Frustrating situation. It might be helpful to tell him how you feel, how much you would like compliments, but if you do, the compliments won't seem real, but prompted. He sounds jealous to me.

InandOutofLove Wed 17-Feb-16 07:34:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gillybeandramaqueen Wed 17-Feb-16 07:42:30

what.a.twat

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 17-Feb-16 07:48:39

What do you get out of this relationship now?. Such men do not change and he does not like your new found confidence. He is at heart abusive and sees you as a woman to take down to his base level. My guess is as well that he has always been like this towards you. He stays because he gets what he wants out of it (someone to look after him).

What do you think your children are learning about relationships from the two of you here?. Is this really what you want to be teaching them?.

Doingmyheadin2016 Wed 17-Feb-16 07:50:34

Not only is he jealous but it sounds like he doesn't like you very much and he is trying to cut you down to size. And he's not stupid. He knows full well how much attention you will get in the gym in your new leggings and he doesn't like it. He is trying to put you in your place.

operaha Wed 17-Feb-16 08:58:00

I lost all the baby weight and more after having my third child, going from a 16 to an 8, I felt amazing, everyone said it, except him.
He was rude, insulting, told me I looked older, was just doing it so men looked at me, he hated skinny girls, oh the list goes on. Hated me running because I was escaping family life (no I was escaping got love).
I looked bloody brilliant and my confidence was through the roof. After 10 years together from the age of 17 I had a life - the kids nearly all at school, a job, knew who I was.
Yeah we split up. He couldn't hack it at all but I realised that was totally his problem, I'd done nothing wrong. He didn't like not being in control of me essentially (I wouldn't eat big unhealthy dinners with him for example)
No advice I'm afraid, just wanted you to know I've been exactly where you are ...

Goingtobeawesome Wed 17-Feb-16 09:11:23

If you know you look good and are confident and independent why do you need him to tell you? I'm not trying to goad you, I think he is being a dick, I was just trying to make you think so you could take charge of your own feelings.

plainjanine Wed 17-Feb-16 13:50:05

Out of nterest, do you compliment him when he looks nice or wears something you like? Men like to hear it too.

Apparently. ;-)

pocketsaviour Wed 17-Feb-16 17:08:52

He sounds very insecure. He's insulting you because he wants you back in your box and not being attractive to anyone else, because at heart he feels he doesn't have enough to offer you.

How often do you compliment him? Gotta give some to get some smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now