Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A few days away with my DC but not my partners?

(7 Posts)
PreggoandTired Mon 15-Feb-16 12:46:47

I have 3 DC and am pregnant with number 4. I've been horribly sick and tired this pregnancy (which was unplanned).

I wanted to get away for a few days this half term before I'm waddling around and the baby chaos starts.

I'm the primary carer of my children (they spend weekdays and holidays with me) and I'd like to take them somewhere nice as I've been so ill and grumpy the past few months.

DP has a 3 year old daughter who stays with us every weekend. She's lovely but hard work, waking through the night and up very early in the morning, tantrums, run of the mill toddler stuff really.

I'd like to just go with my DC and my partner so we can have a rest and get out and about exploring during the day. It would mean him missing a night with his DD.

DP is not happy about this at all and wants her to come but I'd rather stay here if that's the case as I know we'll all end up even more tired and stressed than when we left.

Am I being awful?

PreggoandTired Mon 15-Feb-16 12:58:55

Anyone?

HerRoyalNotness Mon 15-Feb-16 13:01:12

Leave your DP at home to spend time alone with his DC?

PreggoandTired Mon 15-Feb-16 13:03:27

I think that's what we'll end up doing. I was planning a trip Wednesday-Sunday and he has his DD Fri evening until Saturday morning.

PreggoandTired Mon 15-Feb-16 13:03:55

He's saying it's very mean of me.

goddessofsmallthings Mon 15-Feb-16 13:11:28

Could you have gone Monday-Friday morning as this wouldn't have required your dp to miss out on having his dd?

The alternatives are for your dp to spend 2 nights away with you and your dc before returning on Friday or for him to stay home while you and your dc have a break, neither of which shows any meanness on your part.

AutumnLeavesArePretty Mon 15-Feb-16 13:18:08

Either you go alone with your DC or your partner comes complete with daughter.

What a horrible attitude to have, that's she's dispensible yet your partne gets no choice in your DC being around every day.

Always amazes me when people date others with children, tie themselves to them whilst all the time hating the children. The outcome being the child grows up with issues as it will be clear they are not like or simply tolerated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now