Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Breakups and pure o ocd

(4 Posts)
Angieyy1 Sun 14-Feb-16 23:08:23

As anyone else had this, I suffer as much pain as anyone else with a break up but I have the added pure o (obsessions) either about the relationship ... I spend most of the time question the relationship whilst in it even though I love them and want to be with them .... Then my OCD kicks in and I end it and then I'm devastated and then I spend the next how many months obsessing about it .... Its exsahusting and the only rest I get is when I'm asleep

ChuffMuffin Mon 15-Feb-16 01:07:01

I am sending you massive hugs as i too suffer with pure O OCD so I know exactly how you feel. Every "bump" in the road that is life is made twice as hard for me as i immediately begin horrifically over analysing everything and literally the only respite I get is going to sleep. I hate the mornings where you wake up without a care in the world, then two seconds later it starts all over again sad.

Have you been to see your GP about this episode? Do you take any medication? I take sertraline and I've had a course of cbt which has helped a good bit. Maybe you can be referred (or re - referred if you've already had some before) for CBT?

Angieyy1 Mon 15-Feb-16 07:47:05

Hi no I haven't had medication for it, I actually don't want to start taking any... As I'm not sure it would actually help or just mask it. The break up itself is bad enough, I thought we'd be settling down together so I'm having to deal with that and then the obsessive thoughts ....

As soon as I wake up, they are there about him all day long untill I go to sleep it's like he's embedded in my brain and then the day starts over again and the same thing... It's been like this for 6 weeks since we split.... It doesn't help that I love and want to be with him...

He wants nothing to do with me.....x

Pixiemeat Mon 15-Feb-16 09:05:54

I have Pure O too. Citalopram has worked wonders for me at a moderate dose (20mg) and has given me my life back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now