Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dedicated to someone who I know reads this forum, but relevant to many of you

(205 Posts)
SeusspiciousMinds Fri 12-Feb-16 22:34:37

I am a coward for not telling you this in person, and I'm sure many of you who will read this will deserve to have this said to them too. Many of you deserve to get spoilt on Valentine's Day for all that you do and for how amazing you are, but sadly people never appreciate what they have right in front of them.

I know you are ridiculously self conscious and always feel like shit. I wish I could tell you how beautiful you are. I wish I could tell you that your weight really doesn't matter. I wish you knew how I avoid looking you in the face because your eyes absolutely kill me. I wish you knew how your sense of humour is just perfect. I wish I could tell you that hearing your voice makes my stomach flip. I wish I could tell you that you look ridiculously hot in that black dress even though you do walk like Captain Birdseye a bit in it. I wish I could tell you that I just stare at your hands because I know I'll never get to hold them. I wish you knew how gorgeous you are when you giggle like an idiot. I wish I could tell you how I know how much emotional pain you're in and how I want to just hold you. I wish you knew how long I've wanted to just lean over and kiss you. I wish you knew that even though you hate your job, you're very good at it. I wish you knew how appreciated and respected you are by many different people. I wish you knew how often I have to stop myself putting my hand on your thigh when you're driving. I wish I could give you everything you want but the reality is that I can't and you probably wouldn't want me to anyway. I wish you knew that I have wanted you since the very strange moment I first saw you. But most of all I wish you knew that you are worth much more than you think, and much more than how you're treated.

blush

WiIdfire Fri 12-Feb-16 22:36:52

It's a shame MN doesn't have a 'like' button. That would say it all.

Thisismyfirsttime Fri 12-Feb-16 22:38:13

This is a bit odd, but to be fair I do wish a little bit that it was aimed at me!

Balders74 Fri 12-Feb-16 22:38:45

Wow!

lazymoz Fri 12-Feb-16 22:46:58

I wish this was being said to me by a certain person because I know he feels what I feel but we are both too scared to make that first move

pumpkinmoon1 Fri 12-Feb-16 22:52:27

Odd, but I hope the person this is meant for reads it and realises it's for them. Or that the poster gets up the courage to say this to the person it is meant for. FWIW, I would leave out the captain birdseye bit!

SeusspiciousMinds Fri 12-Feb-16 22:55:28

Perhaps it is meant for you, that's why it's posted here (I do not know her username)

And she will like the Captain Birdseye bit wink

JoyceDivision Fri 12-Feb-16 22:56:04

Keith Wood, oh ye of retired Ireland rugby fame... are you talking to me?? <hopeful>

pumpkinmoon1 Fri 12-Feb-16 22:57:22

I doubt that smile I do hope you tell her though, whoever she is!

whatdoIget Fri 12-Feb-16 22:58:35

Aww that's lovely. How does captain Birdseye walk though confused
That's given me a hankering for a battered fish finger. Do they still do those?

SeusspiciousMinds Fri 12-Feb-16 23:01:37

And why do you doubt it?

Not Keith Wood (nowhere near as bald!) but I do like a good Lions tour.

pumpkinmoon1 Fri 12-Feb-16 23:02:54

Well because the person who brought me here wouldn't take the time out of his precious life to write it lol

carben Fri 12-Feb-16 23:03:28

Well you're nigh on near perfect what with liking rugby and all the gooey stuff. Why can't you tell her though ?

Eggsandketchup Fri 12-Feb-16 23:05:58

Aww how lovely.
Who treats her bad? Her husband? hmm not judging, just wondering!
Hope the person this was for reads it!

ohtheholidays Fri 12-Feb-16 23:15:01

That's really lovely I hope who ever it's for that they see it.

Morgani97 Fri 12-Feb-16 23:17:40

Beautiful words thank you for sharing x

N3wYear2016 Fri 12-Feb-16 23:17:57

Life is too short, say it in real life to the person

VelvetSpoon Fri 12-Feb-16 23:19:48

That is lovely. Hoping they see it too smile

JoyceDivision I used to have a proper thing for Keith Wood back in the late 1990s blush...have never found anyone else (other than rugby blokes) that knows who he is!

gooseberryroolz Fri 12-Feb-16 23:27:40

Tell her IRL smile

gooseberryroolz Fri 12-Feb-16 23:29:49

Even better -send her the link to this thread.

MorrisZapp Fri 12-Feb-16 23:31:38

I assumed the op was a woman? None of my business obvs. It isn't for me as nobody has driven me anywhere for years apart from DP and my dad.

SeusspiciousMinds Fri 12-Feb-16 23:33:36

Sexism is still rife I see, nice work pal

gooseberryroolz Fri 12-Feb-16 23:34:08

OP was the passenger I think <deerstalker on>

LadyStoicIsBack Fri 12-Feb-16 23:36:42

What a very lovely post - you must keep us updated, is the MN Law you knowwink

JoyceDivision Fri 12-Feb-16 23:42:10

VelvetSpoon... we should start a mumsnet fan club for Keith..

yum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now