Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

It's my divorce anniversary! Come share some cake.

(12 Posts)
Deckthehallsthatwas Fri 12-Feb-16 07:15:46

Looking at the calendar this morning I see it's exactly one year today since I announced divorce & here I am out the other end! - go me. cakewine<Champagne> Today a year ago was the beginning of 67 days when my acutely controlling & abusive dh upped the ante and bathed me in acid & roasted me in the fires of hell before the police, child protection & his own hot-shot top-drawer lawyer forced him to move out of the family home. Today a year ago was the culmination of many months tearing my hair out on MN scared shitless how I'd cope out in the real world after living with someone for 21yrs who tried to control what I wore/ate/what roads I drove down. Who didn't let me do the food shop or go to work. Who hadn't slept with me for 12.5yrs and who ultimately sent our dc to hospital with a nervous breakdown. Now I am totally free. I have the house, a bit of money and the dcs. I got over my extreme fear of doing the bills etc for myself and instead of being completely isolated, I've found myself surrounded by new friends. I even have a new man in my life too, someone who's utterly selfless, kind and loving. Today I have the decorators in, we're remodelling exdh's old bedroom so it looks nothing like before. He finally only removed his possessions a week ago. My new house will be unashamedly flowery & feminine. It's unbelievable how far I've come, I never thought I had it in me.

wine & cake anyone?

Nectarines Fri 12-Feb-16 07:22:54

Congratulations!

marriednotdead Fri 12-Feb-16 07:40:16

Deck! Was wondering how you were getting on, I posted on one of your old threads and I'm so delighted to see how good life has become smile

My ex moved out 6 months ago and the divorce is almost complete- life is way better than I could have imagined too <raises wine>

Well done you star

Kirk123 Fri 12-Feb-16 08:29:08

Congratulations , I am so proud of you an inspiration to us all , enjoy your new life 🎂❤️🌟🎉

TheGirlWhoWasntThere Fri 12-Feb-16 10:50:47

Congratulations.
Here's to your new happy, wonderful new life.

ClaraLane Fri 12-Feb-16 10:53:06

Congratulations!! Happy Divorce-aversary!! winecakechocolate < nice chocolate not skanky Cadburys

Mirror21 Fri 12-Feb-16 11:02:22

Congratulations!! Mine was a year on Wednesday after 30 yrs. Feels great doesnt it smile

redexpat Fri 12-Feb-16 16:48:58

cake all round.

Anniegetyourgun Fri 12-Feb-16 20:14:32

Oh, well done, Deck. I didn't post very often on your old threads but I read them and was so impressed and heartened by everything you achieved as soon as Mr Negative was out of the way. Your poor DDs were both confused and angry, one lashing out at you, the other at herself. It's so good to see where you have all got to now (and the new man working out fine, go you!). You may not have thought you had it in you but your "audience" knew you did.

N3wYear2016 Fri 12-Feb-16 23:07:43

An inspiration

Congratulations

Enjoy Valentines day and your new life

Glassofwineneeded Sat 13-Feb-16 09:02:18

So nice to read of a positive outcome and to hear how happy you are. This has given me real hope for my future. Thank you. X

YetAnotherNC Sat 13-Feb-16 12:36:30

Well done! You sound so positive and up. cake wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now