Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

need to spill (possibly triggering)

(6 Posts)
kuriousoranj Tue 09-Feb-16 19:48:07

I am struggling and I just need to spill this somewhere.

I was walking home last night after having a couple of drinks with my friend in the pub and a car pulled up alongside me. The man in the car said ‘I wonder if I could take a picture of you for my blog about people who live in xxxxx?’

I said ‘okay. So take a picture then’. I don't know where my brain was at this point, he was so casual and polite my first impulse was to be helpful.

Then he said ‘ do you want to earn some money. It's legit.’ And showed me a wodge of cash. Then he said ‘can we go somewhere to take the pictures?’. At this point my brain finally kicked in and I told him to fuck off.

And walked off.

He drove a little way in front and stopped again:

'I promise you it's legit it's for a blog, you can earn some money’

‘fuck off’

I sped up.

He didn't drive away.

I was panicking at this point I didn’t want to use my phone because I was scared and I thought that he was watching me.

I was only 5 mins from home.

I got home safe. I reported via 101. This morning the police rang to say they think they have CCTV footage. It seems kind of insignificant written down. But I cant shake the fear.

I was raped in the past and was sexually abused as a child and obviously this is triggering. I just can't stop feeling frightened. I keep imagining that he is out there preying on someone vulnerable. I feel so bad that I didn't get the registration. And also that I reacted so stupidly at first.

Newname36 Tue 09-Feb-16 20:17:54

God, that's really shocking. Don't blame yourself, you are completely innocent. I probably would have been the same /'polite etc as it's just bred into you, isn't it.

Hope you're ok now flowers

mum2mum99 Tue 09-Feb-16 20:39:09

The fear you may have felt yesterday might have tapped into past stuff.
You really need to take it easy and give yourself some self-compassion. You acted like a decent human being. It is over and you are safe now.
Have you had counselling for your past abuse?

kuriousoranj Tue 09-Feb-16 20:44:38

yes, i see a counsellor about it now. I have had a bath and a cup of tea. I am calming down now. I will talk to my counsellor about it next week. Thanks you both.

Newname36 Tue 09-Feb-16 22:07:23

Glad you're feeling better. Take it easy OP.

TheGirlWhoWasntThere Tue 09-Feb-16 22:26:48

Please don't blame yourself. You did absolutely nothing wrong.
I hope you are OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now