Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I have a problem with myself

(11 Posts)
feelverystrange209 Sun 07-Feb-16 18:24:29

I'm starting to become seriously depressed to the point I feel what's the point in me being alive anymore. Me and dh been terrible for months constant arguing horrible things said etc, I just don't trust him and also we hardly see each other due to his work. I have 2 DCs dh always argues with older one (7) and it feels like I can never do anything right. I hate my appearance I hate myself and it's really got me down. I'm having a terrible time at work as one colleague completely blanks me for no apparent reasons and the rest don't really speak, we all used to get on so well I don't know what I've done. I feel alone and seriously depressed

DoreenLethal Sun 07-Feb-16 18:25:55

It sounds like your problem is your DH and one numpty at work.

EmmanuelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Feb-16 22:14:24

Hello OP, we are really sorry to hear you are feeling this way.

We hope you don't mind, but when these threads are flagged up to us we usually add a link to our Mental Health resources - here. You can also go to the Samaritans' website here, or email them on jo@samaritans.org. Support from other Mumsnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other MNers will tell you, it's really a good idea to seek RL help and support as well.

All the very best from MNHQ flowers brew flowers

notagiraffe Sun 07-Feb-16 22:19:33

Hi
You haven't done anything. But you may be reading negative things into colleagues' behaviour - so easy to do when you are depressed. Or maybe you are coming across as less outgoing so people are responding to that - again so easy for this to happen when you're down.

But really I came on to say - don't hate yourself. Really. Please don't. You have no choice but to live with yourself so you may as well try to be nice to yourself and supportive of yourself during this difficult time. Treat yourself the way you wish a friend would treat you right now. You are unwell and low and having a tough time with your DH. Be your own best mate for a week and see if that helps. Take good physical care of yourself, avoid rows, give yourself a few treats, and please go and see the GP about how down you are.

Feelverystrange209 Sun 07-Feb-16 22:30:13

Thanks for the replies, everything has got on top of me, I feel like I have no one I rarely see my family or talk to them everyone is so busy. I've been to GP and am on a waiting list for a counsellor. Whenever I speak to dh he treats me like I'm just over dramatic. I just feel like no one, I've been comfort eating I've put on a stone. I feel horrible. I snap at everyone and I haven't got the energy to go out of the house most days. I don't know how this all happened

notagiraffe Sun 07-Feb-16 22:33:46

Are you on ADs? (They can make you put on weight due to triggering carb cravings.)

Marchate Sun 07-Feb-16 22:42:43

Please, go back to GP. Tell her/him how bad you feel and, importantly, if you missed out anything the first time try to give more details. They only know what you have told them

Look after yourself x

Feelverystrange209 Sun 07-Feb-16 22:50:00

I'm not on ADs no, just waiting for counselling. When I went to GP she didn't seem interested in what I had to say and just handed me a counselling letter, she didn't listen to anything I said.

Marchate Sun 07-Feb-16 22:51:24

Can you speak to a different doctor?

Feelverystrange209 Sun 07-Feb-16 22:53:03

There's only 2 at my surgery the other is male, I suppose I can speak to him? I just don't understand what's going on in my head.

Marchate Sun 07-Feb-16 23:07:42

It's worth trying the other doctor

Also, browse some well known mental health charities' websites for support and information. Your local NHS will have a mental health dept. Do they have a contact number?

I had to take my daughter to A&E because of her mental health problems. Don't rule that out if things get really bad

I'm concerned about some things you said about your relationship. Do you maybe need to talk to someone about that too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now