Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Being sworn at for nagging

(14 Posts)
Chirstmascake1 Sat 06-Feb-16 22:07:41

Few days ago was having reasonably good evening with DP.

We came home and I reminded him to do washing up (from day before) especially as week before he'd left it 3 days and I ended up doing it.

Watched tv and at the end I reminded him again. I suppose probably in a bit of nagging way.

He then does it; storms in bedroom and demands an apology for "making demands" and speaking to him in a disrespectful way. I say I don't see why I should apologise for reminding him to do his washing up when his turn.

Realising he's not going to get sex or an apologise he then calls me a f*ing fat bitch and storms off in a sulk.

We've been together 2.5 years and have DD. Tried to leave at Christmas but he said would stop swearing etc.

NorksAreMessy Sat 06-Feb-16 22:08:39

I think you know the answer

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Sat 06-Feb-16 22:10:25

If he just did what needed to be done you wouldn't have to 'nag'. He's a twat for speaking to you like that. flowers

FlatOnTheHill Sat 06-Feb-16 22:17:35

Yep, you do know the answer. Sounds like a pig.

MajesticWhine Sat 06-Feb-16 22:22:24

You were nagging and it sounds annoying. And he was bang out of order for what he said.

ImperialBlether Sat 06-Feb-16 22:24:31

Love the way he expected sex then. Is he a complete idiot?

Chirstmascake1 Sat 06-Feb-16 22:26:13

Makes me feel guilty and does pressurise me.

RiceCrispieTreats Sun 07-Feb-16 00:00:53

You were ready to leave at Christmas, he made a promise, he now broke that promise.

It sounds like your plan to leave is back on, then. If you stay, you're as goodgood as telling him that he can keep swearing at you as muchmuch as he wants.

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Sun 07-Feb-16 00:06:58

A man who makes you feel guilty about not providing sex precisely when he wants it is an arsehole. And one who pressurises you for it is a cunt.

Get shot of him

AnotherEmma Sun 07-Feb-16 00:07:09

Please read these signs of emotional abuse in a relationship - I wouldn't be surprised if a few more rang true.

If so, please get some real life support, maybe call Women's Aid, read Lundy Bancroft, get counselling... Do whatever you have to do to prepare emotionally and practically to LTB.

Chirstmascake1 Sun 07-Feb-16 02:45:54

I used to be confident and now I feel paralysed by indecision

Sighing Sun 07-Feb-16 05:27:12

He wont change. He's a lazy git who gets angry when reminded of responsibility. He also thinks verbal abuse is an acceptable response when being reminded.
It's not "nagging". If his boss reminds him to do his job does he spew foul obscenities? No? Thought not.

AnotherEmma Sun 07-Feb-16 07:51:05

Re indecision - maybe this book would help?
Should I stay or should I go? by Lundy Bancroft

RickJames Sun 07-Feb-16 08:28:05

I hate the word nagging. Its totally sexist. Like pp says, when your boss requests something it's not nagging - it's a request. If he's verbally abusive in this way then he obviously feels that he's above such things as washing up and superior to you. He's not. See if you can have a proper talk about this problem and if he won't, then there is no hope of improvement. If his position is fixed on this, leaving is the best chance of a happy life for you and your DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now