Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

bf due operation

(7 Posts)
UnhappyHippo Fri 05-Feb-16 16:12:41

So my boyfriend whom I adore to the bones is due to go in for a double bypass next week.
I'm positive he will come through the operation fine, all the odds are in his favour, but this morning we had the conversation about his funeral wishes.

I am nc with my family and no one outside of his family really knows what is going on. Don't really have a question as such, just wanted to get it out of my system I suppose.
Feel very lonely at the moment.

Iloveyoutilltheend Fri 05-Feb-16 16:39:11

How hard for you! My DF had and survived a triple heart bypass aged 48. That was 40 years ago so medicine will have moved on now. We don't know what is around the corner do we? Hope you've some support when he goes in.

UnhappyHippo Fri 05-Feb-16 17:17:11

Thanks, that's what I need to hear. He's only 43 and fit as a butchers dog. Was such a shock to all.
Not much rl support but a house that needs a bloody good spring clean to keep me distracted on the day!
I keep flitting between wishing it was all done and dusted and wanting to throw him in the car and run away from it all.
He is an amazing man though and taking it all in his stride. Fiercely independent. He won't enjoy the recovery period, that will throw him more than the run up I think.

Iloveyoutilltheend Fri 05-Feb-16 17:59:34

Well if anything good is to come of this other than hopefully health benefits maybe your strengthened relationship is it. I remember DF and DM falling in love all over again when they thought she might lose him. I wish you both well

cal28xx Fri 05-Feb-16 19:14:45

my mums just had a triple heart bypass and it all went really well. im sure your dp will be fine. wishing you and him all the luck in the world op

cal28xx Fri 05-Feb-16 19:14:58

my mums just had a triple heart bypass and it all went really well. im sure your dp will be fine. wishing you and him all the luck in the world op

pocketsaviour Fri 05-Feb-16 19:21:57

Just something to be aware of OP, is that you might see some mood/personality changes in the recovery period.

I have two friends whose husbands have had bypasses and in the two weeks following the op they both said it was almost like a different person had woken up. Moody, withdrawn, etc. However that did pass and all back to normal within a few weeks. Just something to be aware of and it may not happen in your case (in both friends' cases their husbands were emergency bypassed after infarction, which doesn't seem to be the case for your BF.)

Good luck to you both flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now