Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Decree Nisi -want to put Absolute Forms In

(6 Posts)
KittiKat Thu 04-Feb-16 19:13:47

I am going through a Divorce. The Court wrote to me a few weeks ago to say the Decree Nisi Hearing would be today. Do they write to you again to say that it was heard and everything is okay and it was granted?

I want to post my Absolute forms off tomorrow if possible.

STBXH is not objecting now so I don't expect any problems with today's hearing.

financialwizard Thu 04-Feb-16 19:15:34

I got a letter confirming nisi has been granted but you have to wait 6 weeks and 1 day before applying for absolute.

KittiKat Thu 04-Feb-16 19:32:21

Thank you! So I shall wait for their letter then.

VertigoNun Thu 04-Feb-16 19:35:31

A new life now for you OP. flowers

Sorry to hijack. How do you get a copy of your old decree absolute?

KittiKat Thu 04-Feb-16 19:51:16

Just got this off the Government Website for you Vertigo Nun

Write to the court where the divorce, dissolution or annulment took place to get a copy of a decree absolute or final order. Find the address for the court using the court finder. If you know the case number, a copy of a decree absolute or final order costs £10. If you don't know the case number, the cost is £45.

VertigoNun Thu 04-Feb-16 20:08:43

Great thanks. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: