Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I could do with some help re grieving

(3 Posts)
withaspongeandarustyspanner Wed 03-Feb-16 23:30:47

DH lost his brother recently. His brother was older than him but young, and they were close. Understandably DH is low but the family way is to get on with and try not dwell on it or talk much about it.

I've been trying to be there, but nothing I seem to do seems to be right. This, rather stupidly, is making me feel insecure in our relationship (I know it's not about me and I'm not trying to make it so), but he's withdrawing and wants space and I'm feeling rejected (wrongly, I realise).

How do I handle this to help him? I just don't know how to help him. I'd appreciate any advice.

WillIEverBeASizeTen Wed 03-Feb-16 23:33:31

Hi sponge..try posting this in the bereavement section, I'm sure you will get lots of good advice thereflowers

withaspongeandarustyspanner Wed 03-Feb-16 23:36:03

Oh - I didn't think of that! Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now