Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Little bit of handholding please....

(5 Posts)
Homely1 Thu 28-Jan-16 23:20:11

Posted several times before.
Separated but now ex wants divorce. Inevitable I guess, but seems so final and I feel sorry for DC.
Exs behaviour has not been the best.
I am asking myself if it's the right thing.
Also worried about sorting out DC contact, finances, court (particularly where DC involved), the process which I do not know much about. Mediator suggested, how do I know of any good?

CalleighDoodle Thu 28-Jan-16 23:28:39

If your ex's behaviour has not been the bedt, divorce will be better for your dc and you x

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 28-Jan-16 23:35:31

All of that stuff seems so daunting to start with, but I promise you, once you get the ball rolling you will find strength you didn't know you had.

I stayed with my ex much longer than I should have due to fear of the unknown, feeling inadequate and incapable. I am now running a household, along with my own business, taking care of my DCs 6 days a week, getting a day off each week when they stay with their dad and I have a wonderful new partner.

Honestly, this is not just the end, it's your new beginning and you'll be grand. thanks

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 28-Jan-16 23:38:34

As for mediator, give it a go. If you're not happy with the way things are going I'm sure you can change it. Your DCs will be fine as long as they know they are truly loved by you both and feel that their world isn't being turned upside down. Try to keep things normal, keep routines if you can, don't argue in front of them, try to be civil and friendly to each other. Keep arrangements regular but with some reasonable flexibility for you both. Try to keep discussions about money and the DCs to email so that you have a written record and you don't get into squabbles in person.

Homely1 Fri 29-Jan-16 17:21:34

Thanks you so much x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now