Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So many men dying young

(7 Posts)
BrentCross Tue 26-Jan-16 18:52:23

Bowie, Glenn Frey, Alan Rickman, now Colin Vearncombe. In my own circle 3 died in the last year 1 suicide 1 car crash 1 cancer. Sad. If I ever meet a nice kind man I will worry about him dying on me like DF aged 57. They think they are so strong but they burn out so soon.sad

Bloodyex Tue 26-Jan-16 18:56:35

Sorry for your losses, but bowie, frey and rickman weren't particularly young?

BrentCross Tue 26-Jan-16 19:17:21

Well 69 looks good vs 57 but I suppose relative to what life expectancy is. You just don't know do you?

TheGirlWhoWasntThere Tue 26-Jan-16 20:02:34

I am sad about them all passing but am especially upset about Colin's death.
I grew up with his beautiful music and still love it today. He had the most beautiful voice.
I had the great pleasure of seeing him live in concert twice, coincidentally both times i was pregnant with my children. I got to meet him afterwards and he was a lovely, charming and incredibly warm man.
His death is such a tragedy.
My thoughts go out to his family.

pocketsaviour Tue 26-Jan-16 21:45:18

Hadn't heard about Colin Vearncombe. Oh shit. That album got me through some really really terrible times as a kid. sad

Helmetbymidnight Tue 26-Jan-16 21:53:57

It's so sad when people die, especially our heroes.

But 'so many men dying young'? Men in their late 60s? Really?

LindyHemming Tue 26-Jan-16 22:15:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now