Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please say I'm not the only one

(11 Posts)
vikingpooboat Mon 25-Jan-16 17:40:21

Met a man and had a really flirty relationship over a period of months. Bit the bullet and told him (after a few drinks)via text and basically he said he's like it with everyone. He likes me.But not like that sad feeling quite upset about it today and a bit of a loser as I'm not one usually for admitting feelings first for anyone. He was really lovely about it but I feel such a fool. Anyone else been in the same position and misread the signs?

DoreenLethal Mon 25-Jan-16 17:42:00

Several times.

Black and move on. Don't beat yourself up. His loss.

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jan-16 17:43:34

No never. Because I'm not as brave as you. If I'd dared to ask I'm sure I'd have been told that more times than I care to remember. Well done for being braver than me on the first place smile

RedMapleLeaf Mon 25-Jan-16 17:43:38

Yep, I think some people are just flirts or send out mixed messages.

DoreenLethal Mon 25-Jan-16 17:44:56

Block. Not Black. Obvs.

smokedkipper Mon 25-Jan-16 18:39:04

yep ,

first time in my life I EVER said anything to a man like that , basically

"enough with the flirting, just ask me out "

he works at my local shop , sweet,funny, single, great with my kids and (it turns out) .......................gay

《 ground open swallow 》

forumdonkey Mon 25-Jan-16 18:49:01

Look at it another way............nothing ventured, nothing gained!! Good for you btw. In life you only regret what you don't do. Tell yourself, at least you gave it a shot so at least you know, hold your head high and move on.

vikingpooboat Mon 25-Jan-16 18:52:10

Oh kipper!! shock rejection is a shitty feeling

smokedkipper Mon 25-Jan-16 19:21:50

viking :

I just replied
"more in common then ,we both fancy me!"

he's lovely though :-(

《goggles "turning a gay man"》

(only kidding)

smokedkipper Mon 25-Jan-16 19:22:28

oh ffs !!!!

not me! MEN !

ImperialBlether Mon 25-Jan-16 19:24:47

Well, I hope that guy learns a lesson from that. He's giving off signals that he fancies you then says he does that to everyone? You won't be the only person he's upset. It is a horrible feeling. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now