Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I feel sorry for him

(15 Posts)
BrentCross Sat 23-Jan-16 16:35:02

I work in a fairly ordinary office set up with multiple departments. My colleague who I'm relatively friendly with is very attractive and clearly enjoys it. A guy who I also know a bit asked her out recently. Not only is she spreading it all around the office having turned him down, she s also been imo downright unpleasant about him, saying she wouldn't go near him with a bargepole etc. I don't know anything about him other than he is young and presumably single.

gamerchick Sat 23-Jan-16 16:42:09

Call her out on it. Tell her she sounds like an arrogant twat and does she really want people to see her as nasty.

BrentCross Sat 23-Jan-16 16:46:32

I don't think she cares. She just thinks she deserves the attention and doesn't care about other people's feelings. Including those of us too ordinary looking to get chatted up with any regularity.

Gobbolino6 Sat 23-Jan-16 16:59:04

Your second post makes you sound slightly jealous, but I'm going to go with the tone of the first post and assume you're not and you just care about the chap. If she brings it up again, I'd just say 'I think you should stop talking about this so much. It's making things very awkward in the office' or similar.

pocketsaviour Sat 23-Jan-16 19:33:09

You can stand up for the poor chap by telling her that "talking about Bob like that is really unprofessional".
If she says "I don't care" then you have the optional tactic of saying "What, you don't care that you sound like a massive spiteful cunt?" - it's what I'd do, but you might find it a little too confrontational grin

Petradreaming Sat 23-Jan-16 19:35:32

Tell her nobody likes a bitch.

DramaQueenofHighCs Sat 23-Jan-16 19:40:59

Tell her that he had a lucky escape when she turned him down as he's far too good for her and her reaction and gossiping proves it!

BrentCross Sat 23-Jan-16 19:46:52

Because she is queen bee the others laugh along at her unpleasantness. Wish I could confront her

BackInTheRealWorld Sat 23-Jan-16 19:47:50

Why can't you?

BrentCross Sat 23-Jan-16 19:48:34

Bit scared she will turn on me..sad I know

Petradreaming Sat 23-Jan-16 20:07:43

I suspect when you confront a bully people will back you up. Stand up against her.

BrentCross Sat 23-Jan-16 20:42:22

I might just. He seems like a sweet young man, it would really hurt him if he knew what she was saying

Petradreaming Sat 23-Jan-16 21:01:56

Do it!

Gobbolino6 Sun 24-Jan-16 08:35:48

Do it! If she turns on you at work to a huge extent, report her to HR. She doesn't sound like a great mate anyway!

GreenRug Sun 24-Jan-16 08:47:24

I'd stay out of it personally. Lots of that goes on in my work place. Queen bee eventually got together with one of the blokes, when drunk on a night out they collectively asked for my opinion on the whole thing and I was, erm, honest about my thoughts on her behaviour generally (same sort of stuff your queen bee is doing). It didn't go down that well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now