Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

On-line dating - First message rcvd from a man asking if I'd like to meet him for first date at concert venue as he has a spare ticket - Would you go?

(14 Posts)
MaliaGrace Tue 19-Jan-16 17:51:13

As above really. I'm recently single and I've received a message from a guy saying that he has a spare ticket for a concert and would I like to go. He's said that we should of course chat/skype etc and then if we do meet up at the venue and not get on, we can simply enjoy the music then part company.

Would you go? The concert is in the next few days and so there isn't time to meet beforehand really.

The venue is huge, it's easy enough for me to get to and I do like the Band in question. He hasn't mentioned payment for the ticket though I will offer. I'm by no means new to internet dating and no wallflower but I'm interested to see what others would do.

Ta

heckythump01 Tue 19-Jan-16 17:54:27

go for it! its public so safe enough, just arrange to make your own way home..............

WavingNotDrowning Tue 19-Jan-16 17:55:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThomasRichard Tue 19-Jan-16 17:57:48

I'd go.

MaliaGrace Tue 19-Jan-16 17:58:25

Thank you both - I am seriously thinking of going ie it's v v public and I'm happy with the journey there/back ie it's easy and quick for me.

Catpants123 Tue 19-Jan-16 17:58:38

I would go if I wanted to go anyway.

MaliaGrace Tue 19-Jan-16 17:59:36

Cat yes that's my thinking really.

LobsterQuadrille Tue 19-Jan-16 18:08:01

Yes, I would definitely go! Hope you have a great time - and if you don't actually get on, you can leave after the concert and as you say, offer to pay for your ticket.

ALaughAMinute Tue 19-Jan-16 18:18:45

If I thought there was a good chance I might like him I would go!

MaliaGrace Tue 19-Jan-16 18:29:32

Thx. He looks good in his picture and I'd probably have considered contacting him had he not sent me a message first. I'd definitely like to know more about him.

ALaughAMinute Tue 19-Jan-16 18:32:17

Looks like you've been given the perfect opportunity! Hope all goes well. Enjoy!

scribblegirl Tue 19-Jan-16 18:33:24

Who's the band? <nosy>

ImperialBlether Wed 20-Jan-16 11:59:33

Yes, which band? I would go in those circumstances.

FedUpWithJudgementalPeople Wed 20-Jan-16 12:26:43

I did this. Was fun.

More fun ensued.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now