Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Your best Valentines ideas?

(10 Posts)
Aliceinfairyland Sun 17-Jan-16 21:47:10

I want to celebrate Valentines Day. After a long abusive marriage I've finally divorced and met a really lovely new man. We're totally loved up & dead happy and I want to do some really special/fun things on the day. Can you tell me any ideas you have? Not big things like a weekend in Paris, I don't have the budget for that, but maybe different ways to spend the day or fun little things like having your names printed on m&m's sweets. Cheesy ideas welcome.

MadeMan Sun 17-Jan-16 23:59:51

Bit early innit? We've not even had Easter yet! smile

ittooshallpass Mon 18-Jan-16 00:06:57

Er... valentines day is waaay before Easter, lol...

FriendofBill Mon 18-Jan-16 00:09:19

Get him a lovely card.
Let him surprise you.

Threefishys Mon 18-Jan-16 01:12:04

I did the M & Ms thing as an extra surprise for Dp birthday - it wasn't that cheap.

tinyme135 Mon 18-Jan-16 01:56:05

I took your DP to London dungeons one year and another year I took him to the cinema and a meal done the whole bedroom up with rose petals candles and all that cheesy stuff.

this year I don't know what we will do (our anniversary is 5 days after valentines day) as we have a new born too and don't want to leave him with people haha.

Joysmum Mon 18-Jan-16 04:33:49

There's nothing nicer than a day filled with small gestures.

Breakfast in bed, bubble bath, favorite film/dinner/drinks, looking them in the eyes and telling them how much you love and value them etc

TooSassy Mon 18-Jan-16 06:27:22

How lovely!!!

My main advice would be to avoid restaurants. They're packed and service takes a hit because they are often trying to take an extra seating.

One of the most romantic things ever done for me was to come into a room full of candles. Tea lights etc everywhere. Gorgeous bouquet of roses. My fave champagne on ice. And a carpet picnic with my favourite foods. Hands down best night EVER! Should have married that one
----
Whereabouts are you location wise (roughly)? A lot of suggestions will hinge on that.

TheNaze73 Mon 18-Jan-16 10:18:43

As a bloke, the mere fact you have thought about it is enough. Without sounding like a sexist dinosaur, I think Valentine's is the day, men need to step up their actions

Aliceinfairyland Mon 18-Jan-16 20:27:54

Maybe you won't believe it Toosassy but he decorates the house with MILLIONS of tea lights every time I go round I worry about the fire hazard & he often has Champagne on ice too. Location-wise I'm near a major town that offers everything. I was really after all those fun little ideas. I'm going to look for a pair of those knickers that do up at the back with a bow as he loves my bum grin I'm still looking for more ideas though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now