Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Potentially innappropriate date: yes or no

(19 Posts)
Teaandcakeat8 Sun 17-Jan-16 15:37:21

Last night I was messing around on Tinder and my bank advisor appeared as one of my matches! Curious I swiped right and he had also matched me.

We started messaging, he's cute but not sure if it's inappropriate? He obviously knows a lot about my private life and finances!

WWYD?

Goingtobeawesome Sun 17-Jan-16 15:39:07

Cancel

abbsismyhero Sun 17-Jan-16 15:39:13

is he after a one off or ltr?

Teaandcakeat8 Sun 17-Jan-16 15:41:03

I've no idea... We're only talking at the moment but he's made it quite clear he fancies me. I've not long come out of a relationship so I'm not looking for a ltr but some harmless flirting/dating would be nice!

rosewithoutthorns Sun 17-Jan-16 15:42:37

Whilst probably inappropriate lots of people meet through some work connection.

Depends what you want to do. He's the one that could get into trouble though.

Also depends what you both want.

Gabilan Sun 17-Jan-16 15:43:27

Bank advisers are easy to find and don't have to be cute, boyfriends on the other hand...

rosewithoutthorns Sun 17-Jan-16 15:43:43

Go for it then and see smile

Babymamamama Sun 17-Jan-16 15:46:38

I also say go for it. Life's too short. At least he will most likely be solvent and clued up money wise. Not to be underestimated!

AnotherTimeMaybe Sun 17-Jan-16 15:51:02

Exactly what Baby said!!
Go for it especially if he's cute!

fidel1ne Sun 17-Jan-16 16:07:14

Where do you bank that you recognise bank stuff and they recognise you? I need that bank <misses the point>

MiddleClassProblem Sun 17-Jan-16 16:08:31

At least you know he's good with money

goddessofsmallthings Sun 17-Jan-16 16:14:56

He may know a lot about your finances but, unless you've blabbed during your business meetings with him, I don't see how he can know anything about your 'private life'.

Only a purely mercenary level I'd go for it as you might pick up some hints and tips that can increase your wealth which he doesn't usually disclose to customers.

goddessofsmallthings Sun 17-Jan-16 16:16:04

'On a...' not Only a. Duh!

Teaandcakeat8 Sun 17-Jan-16 16:20:16

Haha he's helping me navigating a financial move atm... otherwise I agree fidel1ne!

I would say finances are one of the most private things about a person... for example I might disclose past relationships etc to someone I was dating but not normally my salary, savings etc!

He does know my current situation re dating as we have talked quite a bit during our meetings...

goddessofsmallthings Sun 17-Jan-16 16:55:41

Sounds like a tad more than business has been conducted during your meetings. grin

Gobbolino6 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:36:48

I'd go for it.

LostintheSouthEast Sun 17-Jan-16 22:10:33

Be careful he might just want to liquidate your assets.

Custard314 Sun 17-Jan-16 22:17:05

if you're broke or loaded then I guess you have financial business to keep quiet but if you earn an average amount I wouldn't worry.

ImperialBlether Sun 17-Jan-16 22:18:40

Surely if he recognised you as a client he'd be honour bound to not contact you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now