Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Really paranoid

(8 Posts)
hanwalksagain Fri 15-Jan-16 19:20:25

About a week ago I posted a lot about a dating dilemma I was having. All resolved now. The only other person who would know about what I was posting was the guy in question (and friends I confided in). I'm not bothered about the friends knowing I post here but really worried the guy I was posting about might stumble upon a thread?! Afaik he definitely doesn't use this forum grin he's early thirties, no kids. FT job and hobbies in the eve so busy. I'm just torturing myself with what ifs. Some of my posts about him weren't that complimentary i was frustrated sad what are the chances? Am I being paranoid & crazy?

hanwalksagain Fri 15-Jan-16 19:46:48

I'm being very crazy aren't I blush

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 15-Jan-16 19:50:39

Ok, so nothing has actually happened to make you think anyone has read it and connected it with you?

hanwalksagain Fri 15-Jan-16 19:53:33

No blush

I'm fairly insecure and paranoid in general (I have had my hopes knocked down in the past) and now tend to operate on a "worst case scenario at all times" principle. It's a bit exhausting hmm

hanwalksagain Fri 15-Jan-16 19:54:47

By that I mean I always look on the bad side. And I'm nervous now that this will come back to haunt me (me having written about him)... What if he stumbles upon it somehow?! He will definitely know it's me

orangetomatoes Fri 15-Jan-16 19:57:38

I think the chances of a single guy in his 30s stumbling across your thread are virtually nil but if it is worrying you so much could you ask MN to remove the thread (not sure how that works).

Hassled Fri 15-Jan-16 19:59:16

A man in his early thirties with no kids is pretty unlikely to be on Mumsnet. And if he were, there are thousands and thousands of threads a day - what are the chances he'd randomly stumble across yours? And was your dating dilemma really that unique? You could always just deny everything - after all, you don't even know what Mumsnet is, do you? wink. You are fine, honestly.

janaus Sat 16-Jan-16 09:37:23

Could you ask MN to delete previous threads to put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now